ADVERTISEMENT

"Cam is our quarterback "

Kid seems very fast and has a good arm, just not accurate right now. We May be in trouble if we face a dual threat QB with an actual supporting offense and defense in the bowl.

Cam should be good. Fanaticat is right about facing a dual threat quarterback although the overplay looks correctable to me.

Last edited:
Thomas has a long, long way to go. He is an athlete trying to play QB. I am not sure a kid like that will ever develop enough accuracy to become a Big Ten caliber QB.

Kid seems very fast and has a good arm, just not accurate right now. We May be in trouble if we face a dual threat QB with an actual supporting offense and defense in the bowl.

Don’t worry too much...we’ll have close to a month to prepare. Professor Hank will have them ready.

The kid did nothing against our defense after the first series. It was apparent to me the defense had prepared for one of the other Illinois QBs to play. Hank made a few adjustments after the first series and we shut them out the rest of the way. I don't think we should have any fear about dual threat QBs based on this game. We should be more worried about our kick off coverage teams.

Reactions: mikewebb68
The kid did nothing against our defense after the first series. It was apparent to me the defense had prepared for one of the other Illinois QBs to play. Hank made a few adjustments after the first series and we shut them out the rest of the way. I don't think we should have any fear about dual threat QBs based on this game. We should be more worried about our kick off coverage teams.

The guy returning kickoffs was brand new as well; had not returned any all season.

Thomas has a long, long way to go. He is an athlete trying to play QB. I am not sure a kid like that will ever develop enough accuracy to become a Big Ten caliber QB.

Reminds me of Kain Colter

He has good speed. Ran down Williams on the interception return. If QB doesn't pan out for him, he could always play special teams.

You really need to give it up. Your uninformed criticism of Colter's play as a QB just adds to the many foolish comments you've made over the years about NU QB play.

Imagine living your entire life hanging on to the past.

You really need to give it up. Your uninformed criticism of Colter's play as a QB just adds to the many foolish comments you've made over the years about NU QB play.

Objectively speaking, how is Cam Thomas's style of play, strengths, and weaknesses any different rom Colters?

Foolish comments about NU QB play - ha! you're one to talk.

Objectively speaking, how is Cam Thomas's style of play, strengths, and weaknesses any different rom Colters?

I'll put my past evaluations of NU QBs over yours any day of the week.

What is the difference between Thomas and Colter? Just asking the question shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Colter had a ~70% completion ratio as a passer. Thomas couldn't hit Lake Michigan if he was standing on Oak Street beach. Accuracy and mobility, the two most important traits for a successful QB. Keep telling yourself that while you are watching a QB play and maybe you'll start getting a clue.

Reactions: HawkCat

You think the more you write it, the more people will be convinced? This dead horse has been beaten to hamburger.

Cam averaged 2.6 yards/carry.

Lanny averaged 2.5 yards/carry.

Stats are for losers!

You think the more you write it, the more people will be convinced? This dead horse has been beaten to hamburger.

No, it just makes me feel better. Just like when I bring up the 13 years of futility under Bill Carmody. You make the grave mistake of assuming I do it for your benefit. It's therapy. My way of releasing my frustrations. Allow me this, please.

Reactions: StreamCat
I'll put my past evaluations of NU QBs over yours any day of the week.

Yeah, but my Johnson is bigger than your Johnson! Please, are you in HS?

Colter had a 70% completion rate because most of his throws were dinks and dunks. He had no ability to go long. That's like hitting 70% on layups. Honestly, anyone sane who saw the agony that was the Army game could not possibly defend Colter's passing skills. Was he an athlete? Yes. Could he run with the ball, yes. And I'm sure he would have caught the ball better than he threw it.

Colter had a 70% completion rate because most of his throws were dinks and dunks. He had no ability to go long. That's like hitting 70% on layups. Honestly, anyone sane who saw the agony that was the Army game could not possibly defend Colter's passing skills. Was he an athlete? Yes. Could he run with the ball, yes. And I'm sure he would have caught the ball better than he threw it.

You are the fool that keeps bringing up the subject matter even though practically no one shares your opinion. Like a petulant child who keeps crying until he gets his own way.

You are the fool that keeps bringing up the subject matter even though practically no one shares your opinion. Like a petulant child who keeps crying until he gets his own way.

And you are a douche.

See, it's easy to make personal insults and be an a-hole. Don't know why you're so impressed with yourself.

Uh, Kain averaged 6.8 yards per attempt. Trevor? 6.4 yards per attempt. Guess someone else was dinking and dunking as well?

Uh, Kain averaged 6.8 yards per attempt. Trevor? 6.4 yards per attempt. Guess someone else was dinking and dunking as well?
Trevor had more throws downfield and completed fewer. Easy to understand. Who was the QB when NU was behind and needed a quick score? Syracuse?

Trevor had more throws downfield and completed fewer. Easy to understand. Who was the QB when NU was behind and needed a quick score? Syracuse?

So you're on ECat's island here of saying that Kain should not have played QB? That was just one stat. Kain also had a higher quarterback rating, TD to INT ratio, and higher completion percentage all by a wide margin. Doesn't sound like a guy who was all that terrible at being a QB to me....

Memba this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT