ADVERTISEMENT

Cats are fun to watch

Mr Wickerpark

Dec 28, 2016
The wins will come. This is a hard working team, so wins will come because better is where it is going to take them.
They seem like they realize they will get better because they play with such positive energy and seem to always have their head up.
Last year it just seemed like they didnt believe and played with negative energy.

This team has ncaa potential next year. I dont think it is a stretch to say that either.

This is a nice post, with which I agree. I see it also as a sign of good outside-of-game coaching. They go into each game w/ more energy - they just need it for more than the 1st half. Their in-game performance has far exceeded my expectations against really good B1G teams, the growth is palpable and yes some wins will come. They beat the in conference team they were supposed to beat, OSU is the next perfect opportunity, and the boys know it. I’ll be there with my son, who is a senior in high school, and has been going with me since 1st grade. Go ‘Cats!!!

Maybe If we all wear some bracelet or get some magic crystal all that energy will turn into some wins.

The tale of the bad 2nd half was a Iowa and Maryland thing only. Other games we were fine in the 2nd. But as against Iowa it was just because of the 4 games in 10 days, only 8 scholarship players, it was just a Maryland thing. We are safe tonight. We had two more days of rest than they did and we have 9 available.

All joking aside, it is just tempting to make fun of message board logic, hope we get over the hump of moral victories. And get a win. Because, ultimately, come summer time, we won’t remember so well we played hard. We’ll much more easily remember to point out we went 1-19 if that happens.

Maybe If we all wear some bracelet or get some magic crystal all that energy will turn into some wins.

The tale of the bad 2nd half was a Iowa and Maryland thing only. Other games we were fine in the 2nd. But as against Iowa it was just because of the 4 games in 10 days, only 8 scholarship players, it was just a Maryland thing. We are safe tonight. We had two more days of rest than they did and we have 9 available.

All joking aside, it is just tempting to make fun of message board logic, hope we get over the hump of moral victories. And get a win. Because, ultimately, come summer time, we won’t remember so well we played hard. We’ll much more easily remember to point out we went 1-19 if that happens.

Agreed. And I'm not sure if recruits care about moral victories and whether the team played hard. If we want to keep/improve recruiting momentum then we better not be 2-18. Whatever outside shot we have with PBJ will evaporate if we are a Big 10 doormat.

Reactions: GatoLouco
We are safe tonight. We had two more days of rest than they did and we have 9 available.

We play tomorrow (Sunday) evening at 5:30pm CT. (Hoping to save you some frustration in case you are planning your evening around watching the game.)

GatoLouco said:

We are safe tonight. We had two more days of rest than they did and we have 9 available.

We play tomorrow (Sunday) evening at 5:30pm CT. (Hoping to save you some frustration in case you are planning your evening around watching the game.)
[/quote]
Yeah, realized what day it was after I had already pressed post. :D

Tonight is date night with my 7 yo daughter. Disney on Ice it is :)

The wins will come. This is a hard working team, so wins will come because better is where it is going to take them.
They seem like they realize they will get better because they play with such positive energy and seem to always have their head up.
Last year it just seemed like they didnt believe and played with negative energy.

This team has ncaa potential next year. I dont think it is a stretch to say that either.

I think NU will be much improved next year. You have some skilled players. League is awfully tough. Lots of young teams and teams with big recruits coming in. Going to be another bloodbath season.

Agreed. And I'm not sure if recruits care about moral victories and whether the team played hard. If we want to keep/improve recruiting momentum then we better not be 2-18. Whatever outside shot we have with PBJ will evaporate if we are a Big 10 doormat.

That's the big deal with this season IMO. It helps the one on one relationships you establish with recruits. Gives you a chance to explain how you were close in many games, how guys progressed, the youth of roster, etc. But, ultimately, anyone other than the Wildcat fans, is mostly looking at a 2-18 and thinking "doormat".

They're often fun to watch for a half. After that you just better be a die-hard NU fan. They can reach a competitive level of play but can't sustain it. BUT, only 6.5 dogs to duh-OSU today. Coach 'em up, CCC!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT