ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports' Danny Kanell picks MSU

NU-Dog

Aug 18, 2005
During the CBS Sports Cover 3 Podcast, Danny Kanell said he envisions an NU letdown after last week's big win. In one of his money line specials, he picked the Spartans to not only cover the spread, but actually beat us straight up.

No way!

During the CBS Sports Cover 3 Podcast, Danny Kanell said he envisions an NU letdown after last week's big win. In one of his money line specials, he picked the Spartans to not only cover the spread, but actually beat us straight up.

No way!
The same MSU team that got utterly smoked by Iowa? A team we beat at their house!

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
To be fair he’s right.

One of these games Northwestern won’t get the bounces (turnovers and penalties) and their lack of offense will expose them. You can’t go undefeated in conference play with this offense.

I expect MSU to win comfortably.

To be fair he’s right.

One of these games Northwestern won’t get the bounces (turnovers and penalties) and their lack of offense will expose them. You can’t go undefeated in conference play with this offense.

Thanks. Right on cue. Your act has worn thin. Why don’t you go troll the PSU board?

Incredible that a troll such as yourself hasn’t been banned yet. Maybe you’re shivas reincarnated?

No way!
Hard to b
To be fair he’s right.

No.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Thanks. Right on cue. Your act has worn thin. Why don’t you go troll the PSU board?

Incredible that a troll such as yourself hasn’t been banned yet. Maybe you’re shivas reincarnated?
If everyone stops giving trolls attention they go away. People comment like this for reactions and attention. I’ve never understood why so many people on here feed into it.

To be fair he’s right.

This is completely nonsensical. Yes, we may lose a game, but nothing so far should lead you to expect MSU to win comfortably. We're 2 TD favorites for a reason.

This is completely nonsensical. Yes, we may lose a game, but nothing so far should lead you to expect MSU to win comfortably. We're 2 TD favorites for a reason.

He’s just trolling for attention. ThatkidfromHolland was right; responding just gives this sorry bastard the attention he so desperately seeks. I knew I shouldn’t have looked at his post.

He hasn't got anything to lose with that prediction. It's college football and anything can happen. Very few teams go undefeated and losing after a big win is common. The thing is, NU teams in general, aren't as emotional as most teams IMO. I think they are a little more cerebral and disciplined, which goes with he territory of an academic school. Sometimes I think we are too business like and I enjoy the bravado we are seeing out of our secondary but it's the discipline that keeps us in games and wears down the opponents.

Disclaimer: we are capable of winning or losing any game on our schedule, any year. It's who we are

That said, Kanell reminds me of a gambler that keeps playing the same set of lottery numbers because they are "due to pay off"
If you are Kanell or BigNUDummy or whatever, you might as well double down and see if you can get the opportunity to say “I told you so” from your room at Ramada Inn.

I’m a divorced broke loser who was recently laid off. All I have in this world is Northwestern football. Why anyone thinks I’m a troll is beyond me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium999
I’m a divorced broke loser who was recently laid off. All I have in this world is Northwestern football. Why anyone thinks I’m a troll is beyond me.
I should not give you any attention but I can't resist...I believe the first 4 things you said about yourself...the 5th I do not believe.

No way!
He truly is the biggest tool in the world. I’m 99% sure the Twitter spat I got into with him years ago was over his shit broadcasting of one of our MSU games.

I’m guessing your ex could not deal with your boundless optimism and Mr. Rogers-like disposition, and had to leave the marriage for a depressed mortician?

I'm a five time divorcee and ten times laid off dude! All I got is my beloved wildcats who are dear to my 💘 heart! LOL

I'm a five time divorcee and ten times laid off dude! All I got is my beloved wildcats who are dear to my 💘 heart! LOL
I have been waiting for thirteen generations for my freedom while an eagle eats out my liver every single day, which of course grows back so this nightmare can continue on a daily basis. I too love only my Cats! Let’s win it all this year!

PLEASE GET
ME OUT OF THIS
BASEMENT

I HAVE BEEN LOCKED
HERE FOR 2 YEARS

THE BEATINGS ARE
TOLERABLE, BUT
THE DRIPPING WATER...
AND THE KEELHAULING
I COME CLOSE TO THE
CRACKING POINT

NORTHWESTERN FOOTBALL
IS ALL I HAVE
TO CARRY ON
WITHOUT GIVING UP THE CODES

Reactions: NURoseBowl
Maybe you need a referral to a counselor/psychologist/life coach like our very own Wrassler? I hope you can be a little more optimistic about your favorite college sports teams!

Greg McElroy picked NU laying the points as his "Lock of the Week" pick. Says he doesn't think MSU will even score, and NU isn't a team that lays an egg after a big game. All over the Cats.
As am I. 'Cats by 25, give or take.

Reactions: DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT