ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Games

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Man, there are more people in Detroit for the Mac championship than in Santa Clara for the Pac-12 game. They should really play these dopey games in the stadium of the higher ranked team. Nothing beats football on campus. Santa Clara is 1,110 miles from Boulder, and 850 miles from Seattle. No wonder people don't travel.

Would be great to see the game in Madison tomorrow, or Tuscaloosa or Death Valley. Playing on a neutral field just demeans the regular season. Someday I'd like to see a Big 10 Championship game played in Ryan-Loius-Dreyfus Field in Evanston, Illinois.

It's less and less and less and less fun to actually go to games when all you gotta do is turn on the TV. That's what they want and that's what they will get.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
It's less and less and less and less fun to actually go to games when all you gotta do is turn on the TV. That's what they want and that's what they will get.

Which is why they really should play these things on campus. Schools playing in championship games will show up in their home stadium and fill the place, creating a buzz for TV which helps ratings.

Reactions: BayAreaWildcat
Which is why they really should play these things on campus. Schools playing in championship games will show up in their home stadium and fill the place, creating a buzz for TV which helps ratings.

You mean you are not just dying to get to Indianapolis for a B1G Championship game? Just kidding. I love going to NU games but I would take a pass on that. I agree with you.

Just don't have the "dopey games". Wisconsin and Ped State playing for third place tomorrow

You mean you are not just dying to get to Indianapolis for a B1G Championship game? Just kidding. I love going to NU games but I would take a pass on that. I agree with you.
I would love the opportunity to go to Indy to see the 'Cats play in the Big Ten Championship game. If they ever make it, I will be there.

It might be me, but these games seem Anti- climactic. The B1G game might be close, but the others appear to have a clear favorite and have the risk of a blowout.
He will never do it, but I wish Saban would leave his two deep home and take a 4 TD beating from listless Florida just to prove how useless these games are. Bama is in the playoff regardless

He will never do it, but I wish Saban would leave his two deep home and take a 4 TD beating from listless Florida just to prove how useless these games are. Bama is in the playoff regardless

He could leave his 2 deep home and still beat FLA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT