ADVERTISEMENT

Citrus Bowl v Auburn

gradeck

Mar 22, 2011

I think we got this due to a strong showing in the CCG, winning our last 3 bowls, and our excellent COVID track record. All of those things point to us being able to field a competitive team for a good game. I think we’re at the point now where we have earned respect from bowl committees by winning bowl games and division championships.

Well, be careful what you wish for. This is going to be a tough game.
That said, ‘Cats earned this bowl and deserved to be selected. Tough luck for IU, but that’s how the cookie crumbles, as it has for the ‘Cats in past years.
I hope that AU players stay disciplined and healthy with a lame duck coaching staff. It would not surprise me to see a Covid situation there...
Also, from memory, the AU fan base was one of the nicest of our SEC opponents, both on the boards and in person. So another reason to celebrate this selection.

Great! So, will tickets be available? If so, how many? FloridAlum, how about a Purple Party with masks and social distancing? Will there be an Alumni Association event?

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I think we got this due to a strong showing in the CCG, winning our last 3 bowls, and our excellent COVID track record. All of those things point to us being able to field a competitive team for a good game. I think we’re at the point now where we have earned respect from bowl committees by winning bowl games and division championships.

I would add limited impact of traveling fan base as well

Great! So, will tickets be available? If so, how many? FloridAlum, how about a Purple Party with masks and social distancing? Will there be an Alumni Association event?

Here you go. Only seeking in sets of 2 or 4. I’ll probably drive up and back on the day of...no Purple Party as per my last conversation with the Purveyor of Purple Parties.

That's a great time slot for us. New Year's Day game prior to the playoffs. Auburn will be a tough opponent, but not that different from Ole Miss or Mizzou and a more prestigious foe. By not playing the last two weeks, Indiana probably hurt its chances a bit, but they are like we were back in 2012. They need to win a bowl game, any bowl game, and their matchup might be a little more favorable. Anyway, sure hope we can send Coach Hank out with his 400th win.

Would have been happy with the Outback but this is better if only because we play on New Year’s Day!

Having played competitively in the Championship game may well have given us the edge over Indiana with their one loss.

Here you go. Only seeking in sets of 2 or 4. I’ll probably drive up and back on the day of...no Purple Party as per my last conversation with the Purveyor of Purple Parties.

Coral, I'll look into this starting now. If I can pull this off despite the risk of domestic unrest, are you interested in splitting a set of 2 tickets?

Reactions: CatVideos
Would have been happy with the Outback but this is better if only because we play on New Year’s Day!

Having played competitively in the Championship game may well have given us the edge over Indiana with their one loss.

Fanaticat said it first. I should have read through the posts before commenting.

Happy to pile on though!

And, we won't have to play Peyton Manning this time! In fact, we'll have the QB named "Peyton".

Loads of respect for us on the Auburn board I was was just visiting. One guy even said we would be the third-toughest opponent they've faced this year after Alabama and A&M. Don't know if I agree with that, but it's high praise.

I purchased 2 mediocre tickets but found very reasonable airfare from Washington. I booked a 3BR villa at Reunion Resort and Golf Club. The 3 BR villa was less than a room in the hotel-hoping grandkids will visit from Naples

I remember the previous Auburn game-their band had more members than our freshman class. The Auburn fans were fine but most had no idea where NU was located

There were very few tickets available-maybe some will show up now that teams have been released

Fitz says he's "ecstatic" to be in the Citrus Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT