ADVERTISEMENT

Do Tuesday's CFB Rankings which drop OSU to #6 and have Penn State at #10 Potentially Impact Where the Wildcats will Play?

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Most projections have assumed Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State will play in non BIG 10 Contracted Bowl Games freeing up the Citrus Bowl and below for the other BIG 10 Bowl qualifiers. I guess the real question is how secure is Penn State's position in playing in one of the upper tier bowls above Citrus? Could what happens in conference championship games elevate some looking in to squeeze Penn State out and thus have a domino effect for the rest including Northwestern?

My guess is that regardless of Tuesday's rankings and what they may portend with regard to what may happen after the Conference Championship games, the Northwestern Wildcats are still going to be playing either in Las Vegas or Phoenix.

Most projections have assumed Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State will play in non BIG 10 Contracted Bowl Games freeing up the Citrus Bowl and below for the other BIG 10 Bowl qualifiers. I guess the real question is how secure is Penn State's position in playing in one of the upper tier bowls above Citrus? Could what happens in conference championship games elevate some looking in to squeeze Penn State out and thus have a domino effect for the rest including Northwestern?

My guess is that regardless of Tuesday's rankings and what they may portend with regard to what may happen after the Conference Championship games, the Northwestern Wildcats are still going to be playing either in Las Vegas or Phoenix.
Hoping for Vegas baby!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
If Louisville wins, and #18 Oklahoma State beats #7 Texas, and both Texas and Oklahoma State wind up ranked in the top 11 following that game…then there might be an adverse effect. (In other words: not likely).

The best case scenario for NU is an SEC team ranked at #5 going to the Orange Bowl, pushing OSU elsewhere in the NY6 and opening the Reliaquest bowl spot for the Big 10.

Me too my man! Lots of flights available, inexpensive luxury hotel rooms, great food, many potential Purple Party locations, good weather and game is played in excellent NFL stadium. What could be better?
Since I am unable to attend, I am really hoping for Vegas, which will mean we won't go back for a few years😀😀

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin

As I understood it, the major question was whether Penn State would maintain its placement over Ole Miss (and to a lesser extent, Oklahoma)...and they did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT