ADVERTISEMENT

Citrus Bowl v Auburn

My biggest concern here is whether I can travel from Pa. to Florida and back without having to quarantine. Anybody have a definitive answer?

My biggest concern here is whether I can travel from Pa. to Florida and back without having to quarantine. Anybody have a definitive answer?
You don’t have to quarantine in Florida. You’ll have to quarantine on your return to PA for 10 days or until you get a negative test.

You don’t have to quarantine in Florida. You’ll have to quarantine on your return to PA for 10 days or until you get a negative test.

Thanks High Hopes. Looks like I'll be watching from my Lazy Boy. I'll check tomorrow, but it doesn't look good Coral, I'll get back to you tomorrow. Maybe I can get a test when I get back after the game.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

Might check though to see if pre travel testing is an option. Flying to Hawaii this week we avoided quarantine by testing negative within 72 hours of departure.

Upon return to Alaska will be tested again and once get negative results back can limit quarantine to that time.

Thanks High Hopes. Looks like I'll be watching from my Lazy Boy. I'll check tomorrow, but it doesn't look good Coral, I'll get back to you tomorrow. Maybe I can get a test when I get back after the game.
No chores-you are eligible for free testing if you have "symptons" (CVS etc). You can get a test from CostCo for $139 with results within 48 hours-your test is video'd/zoomed , mailed overnight to AZOVA with results the next night

I would love to travel to the game, going stir crazy at home. Maybe play some golf while at it, but the situation looks tough to say the least.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Wow. Should also mention that their HC was sacked. Wonder how motivated the War Damn Eagles will be.

How many will come back? What kind of shape will they be in after two weeks off at home? How many will be Covid positive? How many practices will they be able to get in with a new head coach? Does not bode well for them. Honestly, I would not be shocked if they have to cancel/forfeit.

Reactions: zeek55
How many will come back? What kind of shape will they be in after two weeks off at home? How many will be Covid positive? How many practices will they be able to get in with a new head coach? Does not bode well for them. Honestly, I would not be shocked if they have to cancel/forfeit.

We might end up playing Army!

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
You 100% do not need to quarantine to go to Florida.

Would have been happy with the Outback but this is better if only because we play on New Year’s Day!

Having played competitively in the Championship game may well have given us the edge over Indiana with their one loss.

Indiana played OSU more competitively than NW did and it was at OSU. Indiana def got shafted.

Indiana played OSU more competitively than NW did and it was at OSU. Indiana def got shafted.
Whoa. IU was never leading and never close in that game until the very end when they capitalized on OSU prevent defense. We were leading OSU until the end of the 3rd quarter and did not give up a TD until then. We were still within a TD until the last 5 minutes. That said, we lost to MSU. However IU will learn, like NU has, that unless you win the championship you WILL often be jumped by the “bigger name” programs if the bowls have a choice.

Reactions: PaCat and zeek55
The games don't match that comment.

Ohio State's lowest win probability in the Indiana game was in the low 80s when it was 7-7 in the early 2nd quarter and again near the end.

Ohio State's lowest win probability in the Northwestern game was actually in the 40s (i.e. Northwestern favored to win) in the late 2nd quarter and early 3rd quarter against Northwestern when we were driving into their side of the field up 10-6.

Even just unbiased numbers don't match your claims let alone a basic eye test.

If you want to argue Indiana got shafted, take that up with the CFP committee which gave Iowa State (8-3) a higher ranking than your Indiana's 6-1 and left them out of the NY6.

Last edited:
The games don't match that comment.

Ohio State's lowest win probability in the Indiana game was in the low 80s when it was 7-7 in the early 2nd quarter and again near the end.

Ohio State's lowest win probability in the Northwestern game was actually in the 40s (i.e. Northwestern favored to win) in the late 2nd quarter and early 3rd quarter against Northwestern when we were driving into their side of the field up 10-6.

Even just unbiased numbers don't match your claims let alone a basic eye test.

If you want to argue Indiana got shafted, take that up with the CFP committee which gave Iowa State (8-3) a higher ranking than your Indiana's 6-1 and left them out of the NY6.

Lol Thats what you're hanging your hat on? Win probability in the first half. Yikes. IU lost due to a late pick 6 against the full OSU squad. NW lost by almost twice as many points against a depleted OSU team. Period.

Whoa. IU was never leading and never close in that game until the very end when they capitalized on OSU prevent defense. We were leading OSU until the end of the 3rd quarter and did not give up a TD until then. We were still within a TD until the last 5 minutes. That said, we lost to MSU. However IU will learn, like NU has, that unless you win the championship you WILL often be jumped by the “bigger name” programs if the bowls have a choice.

Lame, yes if Indiana were in the West, we could pretend making the championship was easy too. You lost to Michigan State. We shut MSU out. As a matter of fact, MSU didn't even make it past the 35 yard line the entire game vs IU. Lol. IU is ranked #7 in the AP and coaches polls. To pretend there's even a comparison is ridiculous.

Lol Thats what you're hanging your hat on? Win probability in the first half. Yikes. IU lost due to a late pick 6 against the full OSU squad. NW lost by almost twice as many points against a depleted OSU team. Period.
"Lost due to a late pick 6"... Ohio State was up 14 before that pick 6. What on earth are you talking about? Did you even watch the game?

That pick 6 gave Ohio State a 21 point lead. The game was never in doubt despite 2 garbage time TDs by Indiana.

"Lost due to a late pick 6"... Ohio State was up 14 before that pick 6. What on earth are you talking about? Did you even watch the game?

That pick 6 gave Ohio State a 21 point lead. The game was never in doubt despite 2 garbage time TDs by Indiana.

Yes, and that pick 6 resulted in the point differential. Do I have to explain to you how that works?

Look, NW had a great season especially after what happened last year. I'm not trying to diminish it but made a comment to someone who disregarded IU. I rooted for you against OSU and will against Auburn. But let's not make believe here that the only reason we weren't in the B1G title was the divisions. Even with the OSU loss, without divisions we would've been ahead due to common opponents.

Yes, and that pick 6 resulted in the point differential. Do I have to explain to you how that works?

Look, NW had a great season especially after what happened last year. I'm not trying to diminish it but made a comment to someone who disregarded IU. I rooted for you against OSU and will against Auburn. But let's not make believe here that the only reason we weren't in the B1G title was the divisions. Even with the OSU loss, without divisions we would've been ahead due to common opponents.
You got jobbed! (Not by us, though.) You’re mad. I get it. I can’t believe people around here have forgotten what that feels like already.

Sure, I'm just saying your beef should be with the committee. I thought Indiana would be in the NY6. They shouldn't have put Iowa State ahead of you guys.

#11 is huge disrespect, you guys should have been in the 7-8 range with 1 loss to just Ohio State. That would have guaranteed you guys an NY6 bowl spot and mooted these conversations.

Reactions: CatVideos
Lame, yes if Indiana were in the West, we could pretend making the championship was easy too. You lost to Michigan State. We shut MSU out. As a matter of fact, MSU didn't even make it past the 35 yard line the entire game vs IU. Lol. IU is ranked #7 in the AP and coaches polls. To pretend there's even a comparison is ridiculous.

Hilarious. Your program has a long way to go to earn the respect necessary to get treated "fairly". We've been a winning program for much longer than you guys and got the undeserved short end of the stick many times. Try having a winning record for more than two seasons out of the last couple of decades and then come back to talk. As far as who has the better team this year, you need to put the crack pipe down. You beat absolutely no one that was even close to having a winning record. We beat Iowa, Wisconsin and gave OSU a much more competitive game. Had you played NU, you would have lost. Now go back to your board to whine like a little Biatch!

Last edited:
Reactions: cat inkansas
But let's not make believe here that the only reason we weren't in the B1G title was the divisions.
That's completely hypothetical. The bad teams in your division were pretty clearly worse than anyone in our division. Nebraska and Illinois both beat Rutgers, for example. Nebraska beat Penn State. Wisconsin (not a bad team) blew out Michigan.

You got shafted by the CFP committee, not us. You belonged in the Fiesta Bowl. Maybe if you had stayed healthy and played (and beaten) Iowa, instead of Purdue, in your last game you would have gotten there. Maybe not. The head of the CFP committee is Gary Barta, AD at Iowa. You open next season at Iowa. (Hmmm, I think I see something constructive you can do with your frustration, something that will just coincidentally help us, too.) I think Kevin Warren takes some of the blame for not lobbying effectively to get you into the Fiesta Bowl, too. If your name were "Michigan" or "Penn State" is there really any doubt where you'd be?

Bowl placements often end up shafting teams, usually dinging upstarts to promote traditional powers. In 2000, we were Big 10 tri-champs with Michigan and Purdue. Purdue won the tiebreakers and went to the Rose Bowl. The Citrus Bowl picked Michigan over us (although we beat Michigan H2H) "because Michigan was ranked higher". Okay, I guess. The Outback Bowl picked Ohio State over us, although Ohio State wasn't a conference co-champ and had lost to both of the other co-champs (we didn't play them). We ended up in San Antonio, where we got destroyed by a very angry Nebraska team who had been snubbed by (guess who!) the Fiesta Bowl in favor of Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT