ADVERTISEMENT

College Bowl Games

willycat

Jan 11, 2005
Where are the other Big Ten schools playing? Did Illinois gat a bowl?

Friday Dec 27 3:20PM EST
New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Bronx, NY
Wake Forest vs Michigan State

Friday Dec 27 8:00PM
SDCCU Holiday Bowl
San Diego, CA
Iowa vs USC

Saturday Dec 28 12:00PM
Goodyear Cotton Bowl
Arlington, TX
Memphis vs Penn State

Saturday Dec 28 8:00PM
Playstation Fiesta Bowl
Glendale, AZ
Ohio State vs Clemson

Monday Dec 30 4:00PM
Redbox Bowl
Santa Clara, CA
Illinois vs California

Wednesday Jan 1 1:00PM
VRBO Citrus Bowl
Orlando, FL
Alabama vs Michigan

Outback Bowl
Tampa, FL
Minnesota vs Auburn

Wednesday Jan 1 5:00PM
Rose Bowl
Pasadena, CA
Wisconsin vs Oregon

Thursday Jan 2 3:00PM
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
Jacksonville, FL
Tennessee vs Indiana

Friday Dec 27 3:20PM EST
New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Bronx, NY
Wake Forest vs Michigan State

Friday Dec 27 8:00PM
SDCCU Holiday Bowl
San Diego, CA
Iowa vs USC

Saturday Dec 28 12:00PM
Goodyear Cotton Bowl
Arlington, TX
Memphis vs Penn State

Saturday Dec 28 8:00PM
Playstation Fiesta Bowl
Glendale, AZ
Ohio State vs Clemson

Monday Dec 30 4:00PM
Redbox Bowl
Santa Clara, CA
Illinois vs California

Wednesday Jan 1 1:00PM
VRBO Citrus Bowl
Orlando, FL
Alabama vs Michigan

Outback Bowl
Tampa, FL
Minnesota vs Auburn

Wednesday Jan 1 5:00PM
Rose Bowl
Pasadena, CA
Wisconsin vs Oregon

Thursday Jan 2 3:00PM
TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
Jacksonville, FL
Tennessee vs Indiana
Thanks chariots. Some tough match-ups, especially Minny-Auburn, Michigan-Alabama and Iowa-USC.

Like Iowa-USC. Minny-Auburn and Michigan-Alabama not so much. Maybe Michigan is tired of losing bowl games. Should be up for that pairing.

Reactions: rmndcat
No program needs a big win more than Michigan.. Need to live up to the 100 year history.. plenty of talent.. school and alums have a great belief in in their ELITE status.. it is not bragging if you can back it up.. they have not.. time for UM to represent

Like Iowa-USC. Minny-Auburn and Michigan-Alabama not so much. Maybe Michigan is tired of losing bowl games. Should be up for that pairing.

I think Iowa will have its hands full against SC in San Diego. Illini are likely to be beaten badly by Cal. I think PSU and Indiana are the two best bets for B1G wins, and as much as I dislike OSU, the Clemson matchup should be a great game. Oregon Wisconsin should also be a very interesting game.

Citrus and Outback Bowls could get very ugly, unless some Alabama and Auburn players decide to sit them out to avoid injuries before the NFL draft.

Ohio State being in the playoff this year plus Alabama being out has helped lead to a couple of bad matches for the B1G. Hard to see how a Michigan team manhandled by Wisconsin and the Buckeyes will stay with Alabama, but I suppose it's possible if enough Alabama players sit out. Michigan defensive coordinator Don Brown had better not try any of his crazy blitz sets where he ends up with a safety one-on-one with a wideout or slot receiver against Alabama. He did that a couple of times against Penn State, and Hamler burned them twice and cost Michigan the game. Bama has some big speed at wideout.

Ohio State being in the playoff this year plus Alabama being out has helped lead to a couple of bad matches for the B1G. Hard to see how a Michigan team manhandled by Wisconsin and the Buckeyes will stay with Alabama, but I suppose it's possible if enough Alabama players sit out. Michigan defensive coordinator Don Brown had better not try any of his crazy blitz sets where he ends up with a safety one-on-one with a wideout or slot receiver against Alabama. He did that a couple of times against Penn State, and Hamler burned them twice and cost Michigan the game. Bama has some big speed at wideout.
Brown knows no other way to play except balls to the wall. Serves him well against teams with less talent, but he gets burned by athletic teams.

No program needs a big win more than Michigan.. Need to live up to the 100 year history.. plenty of talent.. school and alums have a great belief in in their ELITE status.. it is not bragging if you can back it up.. they have not.. time for UM to represent
Don't mean to jump on you, NC, but oh how I hate that saying. It's completely backwards. It's ONLY bragging if you can back it up. Otherwise it's lying.

Reactions: drewjin
Michigan will be okay if Harbaugh can get his guys to show up. The current Michigan team is nothing like the one that got killed by Wisky in Sept, and OSU would have manhandled Bama this year as well.

and Notre Dame draws a 7-5 team?????? granted Iowa St. lost some close games.....but Notre Dame at 10-2 draws a 7-5 ........my guess is that after being man handled by Michigan they didnt want to play a B10 team.......

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT