ADVERTISEMENT

Connecticut

Illannoy is Clingan to an embarrassing loss!

Go Huskies! I have them winning my bracket.

Brutal 2nd half for the Illini. UConn seems to be a 2nd half team!😀 I guess I don’t feel so bad about the Aztecs 2nd half blowout after UConn has destroyed the Illini in the 2nd half.

We thought UConn shut down Boo….. they’re completely eliminating Shannon

So right now it's looking like we're the most competitive game UConn's had in the tourney. 25-0 to start the second half is something I don't think I'll ever see again. Delightful.
UConn won the national championship game last year by 17 points. They beat NU by 17. Their margin of victory in every other game in this year's tourney has been 25+. Amazing.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
This total meltdown is such a contrast to the character that our Cats showed. Where are those annoying Illini posters now??
Lol save your moral victory and character contrast. UConn is a juggernaut. They kicked your ass and our ass. This is as weird as if I took a moral victory because we tied them with 1:30 left in the first half before they crushed us the rest of the game. They ran up the score on NU and coasted when they got up 30. They let Illinois hang around for a half and then smoked us. They’re inevitable.

Lol save your moral victory and character contrast. UConn is a juggernaut. They kicked your ass and our ass. This is as weird as if I took a moral victory because we tied them with 1:30 left in the first half before they crushed us the rest of the game. They ran up the score on NU and coasted when they got up 30. They let Illinois hang around for a half and then smoked us. They’re inevitable.
Hurts, doesn't it?

They didn’t “let Illinois hang around” in the first half nor did they “coast” on us (evidence - starters still in game when Hurley called a TO as he started to worry). A game is two halves and UCONN’s approach is similar in both.

Reactions: drewjin
Hahahahaha
Hahaha
Ha
1-1 vs NU and both beaten badly by Yukon

Hurts, doesn't it?
Terribly. Being a win away from the Final Four was amazing. But having to get destroyed by UConn was miserable. I hope to see another Elite 8 sooner than 19 years, and hopefully next time we draw someone that isn’t the Death Star.

They didn’t “let Illinois hang around” in the first half nor did they “coast” on us (evidence - starters still in game when Hurley called a TO as he started to worry). A game is two halves and UCONN’s approach is similar in both.
UConn was up 14 and had a 99.9% win probability. Call it whatever you want.

30-0

That is going to sting for quite some time.
Truth is, 30-0 didn’t hurt any more or less than a 1 point loss would. If a win means Final Four and a loss means season over, it freaking hurts either way. If it didn’t, there would be no point in being a fan.

We all knew Illinois would only get so far on talent, once their talent met similar talent and actual coaching, they were toast. The good news for them is their path was super easy until tonight so they look pretty good to the outside world. And what's a little rape when you can get to the eight?

Hahahahaha
Hahaha
Ha
1-1 vs NU and both beaten badly by Yukon
Hahahahaha

BTT title, 29 wins, Elite 8 appearance.
We beat you by 30 at our place, lost in OT in Evanston. Finished several games ahead of you in the standings.

Good troll! 👍🏻

Truth is, 30-0 didn’t hurt any more or less than a 1 point loss would. If a win means Final Four and a loss means season over, it freaking hurts either way. If it didn’t, there would be no point in being a fan.
Don’t lie. Yes it did. I’m not all that unhappy to see it and even I feel the second hand oof. That’s just… wow. What a team UConn is.

Absolutely not. They’re both super annoying, nasty fan bases and Illinois is our biggest rival. I hope they both lose by 30. I respect their teams but wish them nothing but failure.

And for that Illini troll earlier in the thread… we lost to UConn by 17 without 2 starters. Most teams couldn’t do that so F off.
Including the Illini. They lost by 25 points to UConn.

25 - 17 = 8 more "moral victory and character" points for NU than for Illinois. They're inevitable.

Brutal 2nd half for the Illini. UConn seems to be a 2nd half team!😀 I guess I don’t feel so bad about the Aztecs 2nd half blowout after UConn has destroyed the Illini in the 2nd half.
They weren’t a 2nd half team against NU, but I guess they didn’t really need to be.

Terribly. Being a win away from the Final Four was amazing. But having to get destroyed by UConn was miserable. I hope to see another Elite 8 sooner than 19 years, and hopefully next time we draw someone that isn’t the Death Star.
At least you didn’t get them in the 2nd round and down two starters including a 7ft big that could have maybe helped with Clingan. I mean we did alright against Edey with him

Ole Red Ass is growing on me. His in game comment on How to stop Clingan was gold. Basically conceded they couldn’t do a damn thing about it. He was right, and if nothing else the guy is honest in his comments. Starting to like him.

This was by far Undies most talented team. However, it is near the top is being dislikeable. The wild ass drives by TSJ finally got stopped and refs didn’t call the automatic fool on the defense when he ran over the guy trying to prevent the drive. No court slapping from TSJ yesterday! CoHawk got destroyed and after his usual whining he gave up with the constant bitching. Goode is a guy that thinks he is Steph Curry every time he hits a 3. Just a team full of guys to cheer against, way more than typical for even the Illini.

Red Ass will re-load in the portal. He is a very good recruiter. Supposedly is in the lead for AJ Storr and a few other very good players. He will put talent out on the court, now the unanswered question after all these years is can he coach. I didn’t see anything so far that tells me Undie will beat a team with equal talent all that often.

See you when the Illini sign their next portal star.

Ole Red Ass is growing on me. His in game comment on How to stop Clingan was gold. Basically conceded they couldn’t do a damn thing about it. He was right, and if nothing else the guy is honest in his comments. Starting to like him.

This was by far Undies most talented team. However, it is near the top is being dislikeable. The wild ass drives by TSJ finally got stopped and refs didn’t call the automatic fool on the defense when he ran over the guy trying to prevent the drive. No court slapping from TSJ yesterday! CoHawk got destroyed and after his usual whining he gave up with the constant bitching. Goode is a guy that thinks he is Steph Curry every time he hits a 3. Just a team full of guys to cheer against, way more than typical for even the Illini.

Red Ass will re-load in the portal. He is a very good recruiter. Supposedly is in the lead for AJ Storr and a few other very good players. He will put talent out on the court, now the unanswered question after all these years is can he coach. I didn’t see anything so far that tells me Undie will beat a team with equal talent all that often.

See you when the Illini sign their next portal star.
They will take a big hit with TSJ, CoHawk, Guerrier and Domask finishing their collegiate careers. But I agree that Red Ass will reload via the portal. They are also getting the top HS player in Illinois this summer. This team had the talent to make a deep Tourney run, and they did. I do think they relied too much on offense, and it fizzled against UConn. I think Undy should consider what NU has done to make itself more competitive (ie play defense).

I did not watch the game. But I always thought IL mostly won games because they were a smidge more athletic than other teams. Like every team in the B1G. A smidge is all you need if there’s no big difference one way or another in other skills.

Last night they were, to some extent, facing their own IL, a team a smidge over them in athleticism. Again, a smidge goes a long way, like it seems close and by the end of the game you can be up by 20.

I did not watch the game. But I always thought IL mostly won games because they were a smidge more athletic than other teams. Like every team in the B1G. A smidge is all you need if there’s no big difference one way or another in other skills.

Last night they were, to some extent, facing their own IL, a team a smidge over them in athleticism. Again, a smidge goes a long way, like it seems close and by the end of the game you can be up by 20.
UConn's 30-0 run over a 8+ minute stretch last night reflects more than them being a smidge more athletic than Illinois. The game was tied 23-23, and less than nine minutes later, it was 53-23.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT