ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Davis WMU - 5th pick

Leonard Floyd, McPhee, Eddie Goldman, Akien Hicks, Jordan Howard, Kyle Long, Josh Sitton, Cody Whitehair are all players that showed All Pro caliber potential.

Leonard Floyd, McPhee, Eddie Goldman, Akien Hicks, Jordan Howard, Kyle Long, Josh Sitton, Cody Whitehair are all players that showed All Pro caliber potential.
If Kyle long's dad and brother weren't who they are he'd be just another interior lineman - he's no better than Matt slausen

Earl Bennett? He hasn't played for the Bears for 7-8 years. How about Martellus Bennet? Yes I know he is also a malcontent like Marshall. The reality is that all these guys are saying the same thing and when viewed in the aggregate, it's unlikely they are motivated by personal feelings. Urlacher also said nice things about Cutler when they were teammates. The truth comes out afterward.

.... If the truth comes out afterwards then why aren't you talking about Kyle Long's comments? Those were said after Cutler and him were done playing together. I'll take his comments above those of Martellus Bennett and Brandon Marshall any single day of the weak and twice on Sunday, and anyone with a brain would too

Good for you. What do you think Kyle Long is going to say? Good guy, glad I played with him blah, blah.... standard nice guy talk but don't let the door hit you in the ass. Why don't you look up all the other players who have diplomatically said the guy sucks? In addition, how many of the QB starved teams in the league are beating down Cutler's door right now?

It wasn't standard "he was a good guy to play with blah blah blah" it was MUCH more than that. Re read the comments

All good players, but not one is someone you game plan around.

The roster lacks depth and is devoid of playmakers. The ceiling is 8 wins, and only if everything goes right.

Earl Bennett? He hasn't played for the Bears for 7-8 years. How about Martellus Bennet? Yes I know he is also a malcontent like Marshall. The reality is that all these guys are saying the same thing and when viewed in the aggregate, it's unlikely they are motivated by personal feelings. Urlacher also said nice things about Cutler when they were teammates. The truth comes out afterward.
Your not really using a guy like Urlacher as an good citizen. Please.

That would be me. I think he should have been gone a few years back. Million dollar arm, 10 cent brain. Jay had more critical unnecessary turnovers that anyone I can remember. Maddening frustrating and his leadership deficiencies were obvious to people on the outside without being in the inner circle. Have you noticed all the teams lining up to sign him?
You do know that Cutler graduated from Vanderbilt, the NU of the south, right? Also don't think for a minute that he was both tough and leader, yes smirk and all. Also remember he recovering from surgery and will definitely land on his feet with a team that's much better then the Bears.

Your not really using a guy like Urlacher as an good citizen. Please.

Who said anything about being a good citizen? This about being a good football player. Urlacher is a great football player who played up close with Cutler for several years Who has subsequently said that Jay was not a good QB.

You do know that Cutler graduated from Vanderbilt, the NU of the south, right? Also don't think for a minute that he was both tough and leader, yes smirk and all. Also remember he recovering from surgery and will definitely land on his feet with a team that's much better then the Bears.

Lol. Don't hold your breath. The guy sucks and is a cancer. He'll be a last resort.

Who said anything about being a good citizen? This about being a good football player. Urlacher is a great football player who played up close with Cutler for several years Who has subsequently said that Jay was not a good QB.
Well it just goes to prove the Urlacher is neither a good judge of woman or QB's.

Well it just goes to prove the Urlacher is neither a good judge of woman or QB's.

I see. Now judgement about football players is partially based on how they lead their personal lives. One is married to a hot white woman with three kids and that makes him a good guy and good player. The other has had several relations including having a child with an African American woman and all of a sudden he becomes a bad guy and lesser football player. I see how that works. Are you sure your posts don't belong on the rant board?

You're moving the goal posts. You said he wasn't a good leader/teammate, then listed off a few idiots known to be team killers that run their mouths constantly. I gave you an example disproving what you originally argued then changed your argument to him not being a good QB. Most people would agree wasn't a very good QB.

I see. Now judgement about football players is partially based on how they lead their personal lives. One is married to a hot white woman with three kids and that makes him a good guy and good player. The other has had several relations including having a child with an African American woman and all of a sudden he becomes a bad guy and lesser football player. I see how that works. Are you sure your posts don't belong on the rant board?

He literally said not one thing about race. You're the one making it a race issue

He literally said not one thing about race. You're the one making it a race issue

He implied that Cutler's opinion was less credible because he was not a good citizen. I am not making it a race issue. He made it into a morality issue.

You're moving the goal posts. You said he wasn't a good leader/teammate, then listed off a few idiots known to be team killers that run their mouths constantly. I gave you an example disproving what you originally argued then changed your argument to him not being a good QB. Most people would agree wasn't a very good QB.

No one is moving the goal posts. They all said he sucked because he was a bad leader and bad player. I'll take their first hand experience over anything you bring to the table.

No one is moving the goal posts. They all said he sucked because he was a bad leader and bad player. I'll take their first hand experience over anything you bring to the table.

What about the Kyle Long quotes I copy and pasted from his instagram account? I'll take his words over those of Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett

And then you brought race into it

They are called adjectives. The main point was one is married to one woman with kids and the other has had several relationships and kids with women out of wedlock, including one well publicized drama with a black woman. I didn't introduce this nonsensical arguement into the discussion, he did.

What about the Kyle Long quotes I copy and pasted from his instagram account? I'll take his words over those of Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett

You give me one example, I gave you five. You conveniently don't mention the more credible critics such as Kreutz, Briggs and Urlacher.

Actually, I'm sure you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Reactions: chicagocatfan24
They are called adjectives. The main point was one is married to one woman with kids and the other has had several relationships and kids with women out of wedlock, including one well publicized drama with a black woman. I didn't introduce this nonsensical arguement into the discussion, he did.

No, the main point was that Urlacher slept around all the time and didn't have a good moral compass. It had nothing to do with race

He implied that Cutler's opinion was less credible because he was not a good citizen. I am not making it a race issue. He made it into a morality issue.
As I said before, I don't know what you are talking about and can't imagine why you seem hell bent on arguing the same thing over and over again. Maybe someone has hijacked your account. Anyway I've had enough.

Last edited:
No, the main point was that Urlacher slept around all the time and didn't have a good moral compass. It had nothing to do with race

And how does that have anything to do with Urlacher's opinion on what kind of player Jay Cutler was?

As I said before, I don't know what you are talking about and can't imagine why you seem hell bent on arguing your the same thing over and over again. Maybe someone has hijacked your account. Anyway I've had enough.

Hey buddy, maybe you feel you need to backtrack because you made an asinine arguement. We were talking about what Cutler's former teammates thought about him as a player. You interjected with a comment out of left field about Urlacher being a bad citizen and then added that he bad judgment with women. Don't blame me for your posts.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
And how does that have anything to do with Urlacher's opinion on what kind of player Jay Cutler was?

You're all over the place. Race baiting, changing arguments, etc.

bronx-tale-sonny-thats-total-bullshit-put-him-in-the-bathroom.jpg

You're all over the place. Race baiting, changing arguments, etc.

bronx-tale-sonny-thats-total-bullshit-put-him-in-the-bathroom.jpg

You know you've won the arguement when people start swearing at you and post random captions from movies. You still have not answered two basic questions.

Is the opinion of five former teammates more credible than the opinion of one former teammate?

Did I say one word about morality or race prior to Willycat saying that Urlacher wasn't credible because he was a bad citizen and had poor judgement in women?

Until you answer those questions, don't waste my time. I want to discuss football with someone who knows what the hell he is talking about.

Last edited:
You know you've won the arguement when people start swearing at you and post random captions from movies. You still have not answered two basic questions.

Is the opinion of five former teammate more credible than the opinion of one former teammate?

Did I say one word about morality or race prior to Willycat saying that Urlacher wasn't credible because he was a bad citizen and had poor judgement in women?

Until you answer those questions, don't waste my time. I want to discuss football with someone who knows what the hell he is talking about.

Brandon Marshall is a terrible example, Cutler went completely out of his way to get Bears upper management to try and acquire him. Then when the teams sucked Marshall threw him under the bus. And Marshall has never, (other than by Cutler, ironically enough, who took him under his wing on TWO separate teams) been considered a good teammate. So yeah, that's an opinion I'm not gonna trust. Bennett hasn't had any legal troubles that I'm aware of, but he's always been considered the me first mold as well. So I'll take Long's opinion over his as well.

Never saw or heard of Kreutz say bad shit about Cutler, so I'll wait for you to provide proof on that there.

Also, you know you've lost an argument when you spin someone's words to make it seem like he was dragging race into the picture

Brandon Marshall is a terrible example, Cutler went completely out of his way to get Bears upper management to try and acquire him. Then when the teams sucked Marshall threw him under the bus. And Marshall has never, (other than by Cutler, ironically enough, who took him under his wing on TWO separate teams) been considered a good teammate. So yeah, that's an opinion I'm not gonna trust. Bennett hasn't had any legal troubles that I'm aware of, but he's always been considered the me first mold as well. So I'll take Long's opinion over his as well.

Never saw or heard of Kreutz say bad shit about Cutler, so I'll wait for you to provide proof on that there.

Also, you know you've lost an argument when you spin someone's words to make it seem like he was dragging race into the picture

Still waiting for you to answer those two questions.

Didn't picking Paxton Lynch send the message that Denver didn't think Trevor was the answer? You just have to wait and see how things pan out on the field.
Not really. TS had not really played when Lynch was picked. That he was not seen as a franchise guy at that point is no surprise. THat TS developed enough to keep Lynch on the bench puts Denver in pretty good position to trade one of them.

If the Bears are a playoff contender that likely means Glennon is playing well - so then what do you do next. doesn't moving up to draft trubisky really send the message that pace doesn't think glennon is the answer - which then leads to the question, why did you overpay him to begin with?
Pace or Glennan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT