ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy thought

MC_Cat

May 29, 2001
So that game last night was a thriller, and I was as bummed as anyone that we didn't get the win. In reviewing the last play, a few things came to mind:

1) Taylor had no need to pull up for the 3, slightly off balance without even setting his feet. The defense was coming from his left and he had a wide open lane to at least the free throw line, with 4 seconds or more left on the shot clock.

2) Really bad break that Taylor's miss bounced so high off the rim; Gaines could've had a putback dunk if it hadn't because he had perfect inside position.

3) My crazy thought: in our next end of game situation, I wonder if we might consider swapping Gaines for Greer. Greer has the ballhandling and passing chops we're lacking in these situations, and has shown a good ability to get the ball into Pardon just about every time he's in the game. If Greer keeps progressing this season then maybe CCC would be willing to give this a shot. Just a situational swapping defense for offense since it would be the last play of the game (presumably).

Last edited:
So that game last night was a thriller, and I was as bummed as anyone that we didn't get the win. In reviewing the last play, a few things came to mind:

1) Taylor had no need to pull up for the 3, slightly off balance without even setting his feet. The defense was coming from his left and he had a wide open lane to at least the free throw line, with 4 seconds or more left on the shot clock.

2) Really bad break that Taylor's miss bounced so high off the rim; Gaines could've had a putback dunk if it hadn't because he had perfect inside position.

3) My crazy thought: in our next end of game situation, I wonder if we might consider swapping Gaines for Greer. Greer has the ballhandling and passing chops we're lacking in these situations, and has shown a good ability to get the ball into Pardon just about every time he's in the game. If Greer keeps progressing this season then maybe CCC would be willing to give this a shot. Just a situational swapping defense for offense since it would be the last play of the game (presumably).
I would try greer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT