ADVERTISEMENT

Crispin talks too much.

The best is when he says I'm not saying player X is Magic Johnson or anything... then procedes to say why the player is exactly like Magic Johnson. When he does the the first time in the game it can possibly be endearing-- for the tenth time during the game, not so much.

No one's worse than Bardo, though, lol. Illini homer and, if you have to drink every time he says "It's a grown man's game..." you'll be a raging alcoholic by seasons end...

Best BTN color guy is Shon Morris, imo, but of course I'm biased...

It’s not that he says bad or stupid things, it’s that he does not ever stop talking. He is supposed to be adding a bit of color commentary, but he always feels like he must talk nonstop.

I don't know why anybody with a DVR puts up with these terrible announcers. I've posted multiple times on how easy it is to synchronize your DVR with wgnam.com on the Internet and listen to Dave Eanet instead of these idiots. The difference in enjoyment as a CATS fan is night and day. And yet, I think very few people do it. I guarantee, however, if you do it once you'll never go back to the network announcers again. And that goes for both football and basketball.

Reactions: wildcat1066
The best is when he says I'm not saying player X is Magic Johnson or anything... then procedes to say why the player is exactly like Magic Johnson. When he does the the first time in the game it can possibly be endearing-- for the tenth time during the game, not so much.

No one's worse than Bardo, though, lol. Illini homer and, if you have to drink every time he says "It's a grown man's game..." you'll be a raging alcoholic by seasons end...

Best BTN color guy is Shon Morris, imo, but of course I'm biased...
I actually don't mind Bardo, think he's fine. Agree Shon is the best, although yes we are biased. And agree with all of what people said about Crispin, think I started a topic on him a month or two back.

Because with the delay on my BTN feed its annoying to hear Dave calling a play about 12 seconds ahead of what I am seeing on the screen

That’s probably because you’re listening to Dave directly on AM radio, rather than the way I’ve described previously.

You have to listen to the Internet feed of wgnam.com instead of the live radio broadcast, because it is delayed about 2 to 3 minutes behind the actual game. Assuming you have a DVR then pause it when the game begins and start the replay to sync with the Internet audio stream.

It’s very easy to do. I usually sync it to the tip off in basketball, or the kick off in football.

If you do this you’ll probably never go back to the network announcers again. I’ve been doing it for years and have fully enjoyed the games without being annoyed by announcers who spend more time trying to impress you with their personal knowledge and experiences than covering the game itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT