ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell

hollandnucat

Feb 4, 2009
Watching David Bell tonight vs. Minnesota makes me appreciate Newsome and the NU secondary that much more. I am hoping for a couple interceptions tomorrow. If we can do that I think we win.

Watching David Bell tonight vs. Minnesota makes me appreciate Newsome and the NU secondary that much more. I am hoping for a couple interceptions tomorrow. If we can do that I think we win.
To be fair, we were not facing Plumber and they did not have Moore or the DE that were in this game. That said, I thought PU had better D than what they dislpayed tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium999
To be fair, we were not facing Plumber and they did not have Moore or the DE that were in this game. That said, I thought PU had better D
I agree Plumber and Moore present more challenges. Minnesota defense not even close to NU. I love the NU secondary and still believe we could beat them even at full strength.

Reactions: hdhntr1
How did Slater look against Purdue?
Since Slater isn't suiting up for any game this year, ... We are talking one week after we played them and they have their number one QB back, a top WR and their top DE that we did not have to face. So MN had to face more challenges and managed to come out on top. That said, their O is based on Running Game that we tend to shut down makeing them more one dimensional. And I don't think we would have tried to blitz like that. But the MN D sure looked porous. Even if they just hit FGs on those two short shots, they would have given up at least 36 or 37 pointd pts and basically it looked like even more as those two sure looked like TDs

Reactions: drewjin
Since Slater isn't suiting up for any game this year, ... We are talking one week after we played them and they have their number one QB back, a top WR and their top DE that we did not have to face. So MN had to face more challenges and managed to come out on top. That said, their O is based on Running Game that we tend to shut down makeing them more one dimensional. And I don't think we would have tried to blitz like that. But the MN D sure looked porous. Even if they just hit FGs on those two short shots, they would have given up at least 36 or 37 pointd pts and basically it looked like even more as those two sure looked like TDs
Plummer isn’t their #1 QB. He played because O’Connell couldn’t.

Purdue was missing two of its best defensive players including Number 15, Demarcus Mitchell, who was all over the field against us, so yeah, we caught a break with no Moore in there and I'm not sure why the coach thought O'Connell was a better choice than Plummer to start the season but he did and we won so.......

Reactions: drewjin
Best WR in the Big Ten.

To be fair, we were not facing Plumber and they did not have Moore or the DE that were in this game. That said, I thought PU had better D than what they dislpayed tonight
I was also surprised by Purdue’s D. But as I watched more closely, I was surprised by how much blatant holding by Minnesota OL was allowed. I’m not talking about the standard holding that occurs on most plays. I saw many times on running plays whether OL wrapped arms completely around defenders and tackled them at or near the point of attack. I think that once they saw they could get away with it, they just kept doing it. If the refs allow that when we play Minnesota, we will have trouble stopping their run game.

How did Kent and Gold look vs. Purdue?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT