ADVERTISEMENT

Disrespect

catcrazy

Gold Member
Aug 5, 2001
Kenny Smith is a pompous a**. His his rant on how FAU was looking ahead of NU and the defense of NU didn't affect FAU but that they were not used to be the hunted not the hunter and they didn't know how to handle it. He failed to mention we were without two of our 5 starters and still largely controlled the game. We are the Rodney Dangerfield of basketball

Kenny Smith is a pompous a**. His his rant on how FAU was looking ahead of NU and the defense of NU didn't affect FAU but that they were not used to be the hunted not the hunter and they didn't know how to handle it. He failed to mention we were without two of our 5 starters and still largely controlled the game. We are the Rodney Dangerfield of basketball
Who is Kenny Smith

Reactions: ricko654321
NU's defense was the reason they won--seriously disrupted FAU. Caused all the turnovers. Keep it going guys!

Kenny Smith is a two time NBA champion.
Yep, just not a very good announcer when it comes to the college game. Every one of the CBS announcers picked FAU, and I don't think they were happy when NU made them look bad.;) Wish we had the BTN crew on the call.

Reactions: stpaulcat
Yep, just not a very good announcer when it comes to the college game. Every one of the CBS announcers picked FAU, and I don't think they were happy when NU made them look bad.;) Wish we had the BTN crew on the call.
They're there to make jokes and rib each other. At the start of the broadcast, Barkley mentioned that they had a connection to NU with Doug Collins, and the other guy said, yeah, his son Chris is the coach. That's about as deep as it got. They don't know much about the teams or players.

Only because Jordan was on sabbatical. And Charles Smith sucks. 🤷‍♂️
Got it. So Kenny Smith's rings have asterics next to the words NBA Champion.

I don't care too much for his commentary, but I'm happy he won two titles in Houston (while MJ was roaming the outfield and racking up K's).

Got it. So Kenny Smith's rings have asterics next to the words NBA Champion.

I don't care too much for his commentary, but I'm happy he won two titles in Houston (while MJ was roaming the outfield and racking up K's).

I kid, I kid. I know the Jet very well from my early days in NY. We actually went to rival high schools. Smith went to Archbishop Molloy in Queens. He was an NYC high school legend back in the day.

Reactions: NU Houston
So is Stacey King lol
And Robert Horry has seven NBA championship rings. Some guys are lucky to be at the right place at the right time. Kenny Smith is lucky to have had this TV gig for so long, that is, after he won two championships with the Rockets. :)

As much as the Inside The NBA guys are fun covering the NBA, they don't know anything about the college game. Best not to take their analysis seriously - CBS/TNT is just hoping their schtick is good enough.
Fortunately for CBS/TNT… their schtick is absolutely good enough. The fact that they don’t really follow the college game all year just gives more opportunities for dumb, tap dance statements by Kenny or Charles that the other can jump on for maximum entertainment.

I kid, I kid. I know the Jet very well from my early days in NY. We actually went to rival high schools. Smith went to Archbishop Molloy in Queens. He was an NYC high school legend back in the day.
Seems like he is still a legend in his own mind

Reactions: usopen30
The pompous ass that sits opposite of Charles Barkley on the post broadcast team, He was on the CBS broadcast before half time and after the game
Ah,another reason I don't know him. I don't watch any pre game post game talking heads oops shouting heads nonsense. Except for BTN

Kenny Smith has had a very good career as a TV dude based on being next to a very likable character. That’s his talent, from the beginning sitting next to CB.
He did that with Hakeem Olajuwon too.

Those guys shouldn’t cover college hoops for three weeks a year. It’s not good coverage.

Reactions: GatoLouco
And Robert Horry has seven NBA championship rings. Some guys are lucky to be at the right place at the right time. Kenny Smith is lucky to have had this TV gig for so long, that is, after he won two championships with the Rockets. :)
Horry was in the right place at the right time on several occasions. They don’t call him “Wide Open Shot Bob” for nothing.

Reactions: NU Houston
Seems like he is still a legend in his own mind
Holy cow, there are some sour folks on this board.

The TNT guys are there to bring benign entertainment value for the casual fans that make up the vast majority of the audience for these kinds of massive events. And they're pretty successful at it. They are one of the few things on TNT/TBS that has proved successful over the last decade+.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT