ADVERTISEMENT

Earnest Brown 60+-Foot Shot Put

gocatsgo2003

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
While I know this might not be all that exciting (especially with all the excitement around 2018 recruiting at the moment), but this is EXTREMELY impressive...

According to this link, that puts him in the top 20 in the country. EXTREMELY impressive for a guy with a pretty long, gangly build. Kid has some pretty natural explosion to him, eh?

While I know this might not be all that exciting (especially with all the excitement around 2018 recruiting at the moment), but this is EXTREMELY impressive...

According to this link, that puts him in the top 20 in the country. EXTREMELY impressive for a guy with a pretty long, gangly build. Kid has some pretty natural explosion to him, eh?
A lot of Texans on that list. What do they feed them down there in Texas? GCG, do you recognize and of the names ahead of him on that National ranking? With such a competitive put, I'd bet that at least some of them ended up with bigtime offers. I hope this kid is healthy coming out of summer camp.

A lot of Texans on that list. What do they feed them down there in Texas? GCG, do you recognize and of the names ahead of him on that National ranking? With such a competitive put, I'd bet that at least some of them ended up with bigtime offers. I hope this kid is healthy coming out of summer camp.

Nope, but a 60-foot shot put is very impressive in its own right.

Nope, but a 60-foot shot put is very impressive in its own right.
I'm not a big fan of Fitz putting most of the really good recruits on the defensive side of the ball, and I think that appears to be his first instinct in his coaching (not saying that preference would be wrong), but it certainly has paid off for us.
I was really down on Fitz after the second loss last year, and as a fan that's fine, but he really impressed me moreso last year than any other year. I thought he lost the team after the second poor loss but the psyche of his team simply didn't quit. At the end of the year, we could have beaten anyone other than a handful [ok, Alabama, etc]. That sorta reversal was truly great to watch and gives me the hope that I didn't have in this program over the past couple years.

I'm not a big fan of Fitz putting most of the really good recruits on the defensive side of the ball, and I think that appears to be his first instinct in his coaching (not saying that preference would be wrong), but it certainly has paid off for us.
I was really down on Fitz after the second loss last year, and as a fan that's fine, but he really impressed me moreso last year than any other year. I thought he lost the team after the second poor loss but the psyche of his team simply didn't quit. At the end of the year, we could have beaten anyone other than a handful [ok, Alabama, etc]. That sorta reversal was truly great to watch and gives me the hope that I didn't have in this program over the past couple years.

Therefore you are really going to enjoy seeing them in person at Duke, not to mention the fact that you get to eat barbecue and buy me a drink

Therefore you are really going to enjoy seeing them in person at Duke, not to mention the fact that you get to eat barbecue and buy me a drink

I sure hope the Duke game is late afternoon or night. I refuse to swelter through another noon start in early September. I can sit in air conditioned comfort on my comfy scmumfy couch and watch the game with my favorite beverage....

There are only a handful of guys in each class who might switch sides. It's not a choice that the staff often faces. For whatever reason, we have been doing better on DL recruiting than OL recruiting. Outside of a guy like Weiderkehr, Oxley, and maybe GDick (who wanted to play offense), I am not sure how much of a choice was available to the staff. I am very cool with the athletes we are sticking at CB. It's the most demanding position in terms of overall athleticism.

yes but I miss lovelace café as well. That café had to ship buscuits up to Evanston after Vandy loss to us in the NCAA.

There are only a handful of guys in each class who might switch sides. It's not a choice that the staff often faces. For whatever reason, we have been doing better on DL recruiting than OL recruiting. Outside of a guy like Weiderkehr, Oxley, and maybe GDick (who wanted to play offense), I am not sure how much of a choice was available to the staff. I am very cool with the athletes we are sticking at CB. It's the most demanding position in terms of overall athleticism.

The only player I know of who got to choose for himself is Godwin Igwebuike. The staff told him he could be either a running back or a defensive back, his choice. Other than him, I believe the staff made the position determination.

Who can argue with Fitz after beating the 10 count with this program?
But we definitely had a choice with Watkins, Lancaster, and a few others. Watkins, I believe, was the #1 RB out of Ohio. Granted, we had Jackson so it made sense and worked out fine. I really really liked Warren Long on offense and his blocking, catching, and even running. What a gem. I understand moving him to LB but I hope he plays. My guess is that he will, dunno. Loved the spring game but I didn't catch the names/numbers.

Who can argue with Fitz after beating the 10 count with this program?
But we definitely had a choice with Watkins, Lancaster, and a few others. Watkins, I believe, was the #1 RB out of Ohio. Granted, we had Jackson so it made sense and worked out fine. I really really liked Warren Long on offense and his blocking, catching, and even running. What a gem. I understand moving him to LB but I hope he plays. My guess is that he will, dunno. Loved the spring game but I didn't catch the names/numbers.
I don't know about Watkins, but my guess is that he was told from the get go that he was being recruited for CB. It was also Long's idea to switch, IIRC.

A guy like Mangieri is a good illustration of a big, athletic kid who could play on either side of the ball.

I am looking forward to the Duke game and am volunteering to buy you a drink for the work you put into this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT