ADVERTISEMENT

Earnest Brown

Here's a good interview with Earnest. Best of luck in the NFL!!

Some excerpts:

Earnest Brown is a very physical lengthy edge rusher for Northwestern’s defense. He recently sat down with NFL Draft Diamonds writer Jimmy Williams.
Talk about your experience as a student. What is your major/minor? Did you participate in any other activities or campus organizations other than football?
My major is in Communications, and I have a minor in Sociology. I’d like to get into sports broadcasting once my football career is done.

What is something that you are most proud of? What would you say is your biggest achievement?
I’m very proud of graduating from a very prestigious academic school in Northwestern. My biggest accomplishment as a football player was making honorable mention All-Big Ten this season despite having come back from injury.

Describe one of the most memorable plays of your collegiate career.
In 2018 we were playing against Nebraska. We were tied 7-7 in the second quarter. One of my teammates, Trae Williams, had a strip sack. I was coming from the A gap and saw the fumble. I scooped it up and scored the touchdown. We eventually went on to win that game in overtime 34-31.

Do you have a favorite athlete or professional team? Is there a player that you model your game after?
Chandler Jones is one of my favorite players. We have similar body types so I try to model myself after him. He uses his long arms very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT