ADVERTISEMENT

Excited yet?

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
5-1. 2-0. Huge win over #4 MSU and a solid road win at IU. I’m not fully believing in this team yet, but they’re working hard and I’m excited about these performances. GO ‘CATS. The next four will be tough. If they split those (2-2), I’ll be thrilled.

I’m eating some crow this Christmas. I thought the Cats would be better but the B1G was so tough our record may not be better than last year. The B1G is tough, but we’re WAY BETTER than I expected. A winning record in the league and very possible tourney bid could happen in 2021.

Could be a fun winter.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Stay healthy. Go Cats!

I'm not excited that we won. I'm excited HOW we won - by playing aggressively, by shooting efficiently, by forcing turnovers, by getting to the rim, by being the better team.

The turnovers and some of the shot selection today need to get cleaned up, but I'll take a team that can score and turns it over some versus a team that builds a new arena every time it plays every day of the week.

I’m eating some crow this Christmas. I thought the Cats would be better but the B1G was so tough our record may not be better than last year. The B1G is tough, but we’re WAY BETTER than I expected. A winning record in the league and very possible tourney bid could happen in 2021.

Could be a fun winter.

Let's take it a game at a time. I too am excited about what we have seen but it is a long season that we are at the beginning of. I see solid improvement this year but not sure I see the Dance. Next year is the year I see us having a great shot..... But if it happens a year early , I will find some way to deal with it.

Not a bad loss, but if Indiana can’t beat Northwestern at home in a rebuilding coaches year 4, then that pretty much nails that coffin.
See and there you go underestimating just how much NU has improved. If it was last years team you would be right but this years team is a different animal. I understand being upset at a loss but wrong to judge your team just by who it was to and not getting that it was not to the same NU team as the last couple years. Remember this years team just took out the #4 team in the country 3 days earlier

I'm not excited that we won. I'm excited HOW we won - by playing aggressively, by shooting efficiently, by forcing turnovers, by getting to the rim, by being the better team.

The turnovers and some of the shot selection today need to get cleaned up, but I'll take a team that can score and turns it over some versus a team that builds a new arena every time it plays every day of the week.

And several different options!!

I'm also excited that Nance and Young kept their cool through some foul trouble.

That's a fun win.

... But if it happens a year early , I will find some way to deal with it.

I think a lot of people forget it happened a year before most expected it last time.

But yes, that's getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of things. I'm with NJ. If they split the next four, I'd be pretty excited.

Reactions: NJcatsfan
I think a lot of people forget it happened a year before most expected it last time.

But yes, that's getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of things. I'm with NJ. If they split the next four, I'd be pretty excited.
Next four are pretty tough. Spitting may be a pipe dream. I will beexcited win or lose because I see us going in the right direction regardless of whether we win or lose these games. As I said before, win or lose, this team will be entertaining. They will surprise some people but not everyone. They will be tantalzingly close and will win some people think we have no business winning and losing a few that people won't understand thinking they are better than they actually are. They are definitely a better and more exciting team than last year and again if they somehow make to the dance this year, I will be glad to find a way to deal with it.

It will be difficult to determine where they are. Who knows what the selection committee will use as criteria. I mean different number of games, mostly in conference without much in the way of outside comparisons. I mean a .500 record in conference would only be 13 wins

This current stretch is tough because there are only 2 days between each of the games. Next time is FEB. Makes the current stretch even more daunting, especially with injuries

Last edited:

Could be a fun winter.

With our schedule (13 of 20 games (twelve remaining) against top 25. Having a winning BIG record means having to beat multiple top 25 teams and a few more against teams that are often challenging for top 25 (MD, PU, IN). While I think we are greatly improved and would love to see it, that is asking an awful lot. Not sure where you see nine more wins coming from.

Last edited:
With our schedule (13 of 20 games (twelve remaining) against top 25. Having a winning BIG record means having to beat multiple top 25 teams and a few more against teams that are often challenging for top 25 (MD, PU, IN). While I think we are greatly improved and would love to see it, that is asking an awful lot. Not sure where you see nine more wins coming from.
Just being optimistic. Didn’t see these two wins coming, so who knows about another 9. OSU will be a good benchmark.

5-1. 2-0. Huge win over #4 MSU and a solid road win at IU. I’m not fully believing in this team yet, but they’re working hard and I’m excited about these performances. GO ‘CATS. The next four will be tough. If they split those (2-2), I’ll be thrilled.
Yes. Now I am. I was focused on football, but they definitely have my attention now.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT