ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Iowa

That was one of the worst drops I’ve ever seen in my life. We can’t do anything right on offense to start games.

We get a guy wide open for a perfectly placed medium-long pass by Marty and then he drops it. 😡

Marty maybe isn’t so accurate. Let’s play single wing. Get Steph in the backfield.

How low does Marty's completion percentage get before we see Hilinski? 10%?

Rough passing start for Marty, some bad throwaways one that was almost picked off and one intentional grounding. I guess we knew he wasn’t going to beat anyone with his arm but I thought I’d see better decisionmaking. Possible that he’s just trying to do too much though, knowing how shaky our offense is.

The overthrow that should have been a pick.
The other overthrow.
The completion to Niro’s ankles.

LOL Ok. that wasn't an overthrow. That was a bad read. The receiver was there, unfortunately so were three Iowa players. The other plays were throwaways. No where to go.

His throw into multiple Iowa defenders was as bad as Hunter’s INTs at Duke. He’s very lucky an Iowa player deflected an easy pick.
Don’t ruin our Marty Party parade! We have a competent team when he’s our QB!

These offenses are like mirror images of each other. Terrible oline play, inaccurate qbs, no playmakers

LOL Ok. that wasn't an overthrow. That was a bad read. The receiver was there, unfortunately so were three Iowa players. The other plays were throwaways. No where to go.
He just missed Lang there. It’s pretty ugly.

And of course you ignore the one he dumped at Niro’s ankles. A third down throwaway to an open guy!

(It’s baaaaaad.)

Good lord…. a middle school game is more exciting to watch than this

Reactions: NUCat320
How many more series do we give Marty? Is this really the best our offense can do?

Iowa makes a QB switch and boom. Big gain.

L
He just missed Lang there. It’s pretty ugly.

And of course you ignore the one he dumped at Niro’s ankles. A third down throwaway to an open guy!

(It’s baaaaaad.)
wow, just wow.

Ouch. Would rather see an overthrow there than the INT. We had just gotten a first down, would rather see that on like 3rd down where otherwise we’d be punting if we missed.

Ouch. Would rather see an overthrow there than the INT. We had just gotten a first down, would rather see that on like 3rd down where otherwise we’d be punting if we missed.
I think the pick was Bajakian’s fault. Marty had just run a sneak and wasn’t sufficiently recovered to throw deep. Right, @corbi296 ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT