ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Iowa

Demonstration ? Where is Mike Ditka when you need him ( Bears v Cardinals)

Northwestern is a laughingstock to the BTN halftime crew. (Regarding being on pace to give up the most rushing TDs ever under Fitz.)

How did Fitz manage to get so far behind the chains in such a short time? It is inscrutable. There is much good, but equally much bad. QB evaluation and development seems questionable. O Line and WR not up to B1G level. Defense seems to be playing their hearts out, but coaching/scheming is not where it has been. If I were Turk, I would say C- to D+ overall. How much rope does NU give Fitz?

Protestors on the field longer than our offense
Actually, the offense is keeping us in the game as our time of possession has to be at or over 15 minutes. Iowa has to be over 250 yrds of offense. If we can focus on getting a few first downs, and make sure we use the entire play clock then our D might be able to keep total yards under 500.

How did Fitz manage to get so far behind the chains in such a short time? It is inscrutable. There is much good, but equally much bad. QB evaluation and development seems questionable. O Line and WR not up to B1G level. Defense seems to be playing their hearts out, but coaching/scheming is not where it has been. If I were Turk, I would say C- to D+ overall. How much rope does NU give Fitz?
Evidently we’re about to witness an imminent complete turnaround. After all Fitz said in 2019 this will not happen again.

I would give then Bs and Cs. They get alot of credit since they are trying. Plus its not their fault since many of them should be in the mac. Like watching scrappy junior high against a solid varsity team

Halftime: Io_a 14, NU 3

Marty 7/18 42 yds 0 TD 1 INT
Hull 5 carries, 13 yds
Marty 11 carries, 14 yds
Team rushing 60 yds

Io_a rushing: 128 yds (Goodson 100 yds)
Io_a passing: 131 yds

I would give then Bs and Cs. They get alot of credit since they are trying. Plus its not their fault since many of them should be in the mac. Like watching scrappy junior high against a solid varsity team
Excellent point, they are trying. Overall, however, considering coaching C- to D+.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT