ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Iowa

Defense still not filling lanes leading to more big runs.

Anybody notice the DE McLaughlin covering the back out of the backfield on that big Iowa 3rd down conversion? That’s O’Neil’s play calling at work.

Reactions: drewjin
I think the pick was Bajakian’s fault. Marty had just run a sneak and wasn’t sufficiently recovered to throw deep. Right, @corbi296 ?
If the DB wasn’t as skilled, he wouldn’t have made the play and therefore Marty’s throw was perfect and therefore corbi is right again, as always! corbi can never fail, he can only be failed 🤣🤣

Anybody notice the DE McLaughlin covering the back out of the backfield on that big Iowa 3rd down conversion? That’s O’Neil’s play calling at work.
I did. Good eye corbi. I was hoping Fitz pulled that crapola from the defensive playbook.

You knew that was a TD when you saw the guy going in motion. No way we were going to make a play on that.

I fear we’re headed toward at least a few years of really bad football. Depressing.

Reactions: NUCat320
With our offense and Iowa’s defense, ballgame is over at this point. Another game lost in the first 1-1.5 quarters.

I think the pick was Bajakian’s fault. Marty had just run a sneak and wasn’t sufficiently recovered to throw deep. Right, @corbi296 ?

come back when you have a clue what you are talking about. Yes the Ball was underthrown but that was 1 on 1 coverage and the job of the WR is to go up and make a play on the ball at its high point, not to cup your hands at the waist and wait for the ball to come down to you. At minimum Robinson could have caused on incompletion. The lack of compete across the board on this team is staggering.

Another fair catch on kickoff return at the 7 yard line and with no one near him! Beautiful.

Marty: 7/17, 42 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks

Are we *sure* our other QBs would be just as bad?

Bajakian is no QB whisperer. Not impressed.

The last two weeks: we're getting tackles by pulling the players forward three yards.

Do we have the best college football facilities for a 3 win team? The lake must be distracting.

Marty: 7/17, 42 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks

Are we *sure* our other QBs would be just as bad?
Our previous starting QBs all got a lot more time than this to prove themselves. And Iowa is probably the highest ranked D we’ve faced.

Edit. Wow that was a bad wide open miss in the end zone. Come on Marty. If we end up with zero points off this blocked punt, game over.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT