ADVERTISEMENT

First-half thread for NU vs. Stanford

No way! he was doing everything to avoid helmet to helmet contact. He is in mid air what is he supposed to do?

That doesn’t matter. Forcible contact to the head while the QB was well into his slide. That should have been targeting. A bit of a make up up for some of the BS calls or non calls that went against us.

Well this first half could have gone worse at least on the scoreboard. But we have an early INT and really no offensive rhythm by Hunter, lots of missed first tackles by our D and giving up a late score just before halftime.

I can’t believe how hard they’re being on Brown for that last hit, I mean these guys played football and conceding absolutely zero possibility that the forearm was incidental. YES a penalty but NO not targeting IMO. He started diving as Costello was starting his slide and there was going to be some part of his body that contacted the helmet. It looked to me like he was trying to angle up and away from Costello’s head but his arms were underneath him so the forearm got him. I think the booth made the right decision in not adding targeting. And I get that Brown is going to have to learn from that in how he approaches a QB that is going to slide.

What can be done about getting points on offense? Being down two scores after being thoroughly dominated requires an immediate answer coming out of the locker room - what’s caught my eye is the relative disrespect that the receivers are getting - man to man press almost every play which suggests Stanford doesn’t think the QB/WR combo can beat them.

What can be done about getting points on offense? Being down two scores after being thoroughly dominated requires an immediate answer coming out of the locker room - what’s caught my eye is the relative disrespect that the receivers are getting - man to man press almost every play which suggests Stanford doesn’t think the QB/WR combo can beat them.
How about attempt a pass over 5 yards down field

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT