ADVERTISEMENT

First-Half Thread for NU vs. Wisconsin

I would be interested to know the stats on how many TD drives in the Big Ten included a PI in the endzone. Maybe it’s just an NU thing on both sides of the ball. But it feels like a super high-stakes call. It’s why Fitz got the unsportsmanlike conduct call last week.
I think it was PI (barely) but not in the endzone. But I think they’d have scored a TD without the call, too.

I think it was PI (barely) but not in the endzone. But I think they’d have scored a TD without the call, too.
It was amusing that nobody on the broadcast (or the NU sideline) seemed to notice that the penalty committed at the 1 was flagged in the end zone.

So Hilinski gets benched for 3 poor drives vs Minnesota yet Marty is free to throw 4 INTs in 5 quarters?

I am tired of watching Spivak be pushed backwards. Time to give someone else an opportunity.

Reactions: NUChicago
Maybe they will start hilinski in the second half when we're down 21 to nothing or worse.

NU is again successful at getting down two scores before halftime. They've got that down pat (pun intended).

We're just a mistake-prone team this year, dropped snaps, turnovers, etc. Very uncharacteristic of Fitz teams, he has to figure out the root cause. At least he finally replaced McIntyre with Xander, who is an improvement.

We're just a mistake-prone team this year, dropped snaps, turnovers, etc. Very uncharacteristic of Fitz teams, he has to figure out the root cause. At least he finally replaced McIntyre with Xander, who is an improvement.
I’ve never seen a team drop more snaps. Concentration issues.

Maybe they will start hilinski in the second half when we're down 21 to nothing or worse.
Marty is a very inaccurate passer. He had a wide open stationary target ten yards away on second down, and just missed it.

Time to turn it over to Hilinski and perhaps Richardson for the next 3 1/2 weeks.

Just tragically bad play in all FOUR phases - the last 2 games the COACHES have gotten 30 yards in penalties!

Reactions: NUCat320
Of course Wisconsin easily converted that.3rd and 9 from midfield. Of course they did. They make it look so easy.

Why don't we have strong TEs who make plays over the middle?

Fitz has lost this defense. Adebowore and Miller are both out with injuries. The next men up are overwhelmed. The coaches have no answers.

I wasn’t sure which kickoff you referred to, but my compliments on the efficiency of your evergreen post. You could post that once and refer back to it for multiple entire seasons.
We stop calling for fair catches when down by 30+ points, because that's when we need big plays.

Embarrassingly bad. Completely unacceptable and should not be tolerated. From coaching to players to support staff, everyone should be evaluated and be held accountable.

How does Fitz get this team back? Time for a big move?
I don't think he can get his team back this year. This will be two of the last three years where we have one big ten Victory the way things are going. There is a lot to do to make us a viable entity going forward. It includes some hard decisions that I think our coach will have difficulty making.

I don't think he can get his team back this year. This will be two of the last three years where we have one big ten Victory the way things are going. There is a lot to do to make us a viable entity going forward. It includes some hard decisions that I think our coach will have difficulty making.

what would you do if you were Fitz

Was #4 supposed to block on that QB rush? He just stood there and watched the Badger defender run by him to crush Marty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT