ADVERTISEMENT

Flagrant on Ryan about worst call I've ever seen

I'm gonna have to watch the replay on Big+ tomorrow when it's available. Sounds outrageous.

I really don't understand it. It looked bad in super-slow-mo, but that's STILL not a flagrant 2.

That was a terrible call. Maybe a Flagrant 1 but certainly not a 2. This really hurts but Mullin has to pick up the slack

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Foul. Probably. Flagrant. Unlikely. Ejection? That's ridiculous.

This is gonna be an all time test of our non-existent depth.
I’m at the game in person. The one half or mostly black ref made the other two guys go back to the monitors about 17 times and then decided the call. Short to medium height. Is he the same guy that Collins yelled in his face at Purdue? I can’t be sure from here but I suspected. Someone at home that tracks these things? I’m curious. I think it might have been a revenge call….

Best revenge would be to win and simply smile walking off. Then every post game interview begin by commending the refs for a great job. Let the B1G sort out deadpan satire.

Reactions: drewjin
I’m at the game in person. The one half or mostly black ref made the other two guys go back to the monitors about 17 times and then decided the call. Short to medium height. Is he the same guy that Collins yelled in his face at Purdue? I can’t be sure from here but I suspected. Someone at home that tracks these things? I’m curious. I think it might have been a revenge call….
I thought he was at the MN game too

Gotta buckle down and find a way to pull out a W. Mullins is gaining a bit of confidence on O and D. Boo Brooks Martinelli prob playing every minute the rest of the way. The RAC crowd is into it. This will be interesting. And fun. If we win.

This is an intense environment. Not like last year but given RU’s record, their fan base is impressive. I like seeing games here.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
I believe Rutgers scored 7 in 10 minutes and then 20 in 10. But those 20 were fueled by the Swede sounding guy scoring 9.

Total basketball play that at worst might’ve been a Flagrant 1.

How the Rutgers guy didn’t get a flagrant 2 for stepping on NU guy’s knee was ridiculous!!!

Reactions: drewjin and IGNORE2
In practical terms it would not have mattered if the Rutgers player got ejected. Backup center, plays little. Langborg on the other hand…

• Angry
In practical terms it would not have mattered if the Rutgers player got ejected. Backup center, plays little. Langborg on the other hand…
Does he lose a half next game? I know he gets credit for being out second half tonight.

Collins said on post-game that "he'll have to see" but that it'd better be "egregious" to kick a player out of the game. He called the refs "professional" and acknowledged that their cover story was that they "had no choice" on the call with contact in that area.

Collins said on post-game that "he'll have to see" but that it'd better be "egregious" to kick a player out of the game. He called the refs "professional" and acknowledged that their cover story was that they "had no choice" on the call with contact in that area.
Did he say anything about the no call on the final shot? Seems like the player slid into him while he was shooting.

Can anyone tell us if that’s the same ref as the Purdue game? I maintain my suspicion…

Not the same. It was Courtney Green at Purdue.
Yeah I did some research. James Breeding was the only overlap of the 2 crews. And based on his picture he wasn’t the one that called them back to the monitor about 17 times. Agreed it was Courtney Green @Purdue that Chris yelled at. This game it was Earl Walton that dictated the ejection call on Langborg, kept calling the crew back to the video board when the others wanted to walk away and move on.

Perhaps we should email the big ten to let them know our thoughts?
Yup, after we all email the Trustees to share thoughts about Gagg and schill.

An embarrassment campaign outside NU. If one of the few NU influencers ran a couple videos a day, maybe national media would find it amusing and pick it up. Maybe one of our NU media alum would start to champion.

Embarrass the refs - put their names on the screens of the video. Make it a thing. These days social media has an influence. Does the petty little bald guy want continued exposure? Does the B1G want the negative PR?

The White House uses social media. Everyone government and terrorist org uses it. We have a bunch of smart kids - build a library of tik tok length videos and get them out.

Yup, after we all email the Trustees to share thoughts about Gagg and schill.

An embarrassment campaign outside NU. If one of the few NU influencers ran a couple videos a day, maybe national media would find it amusing and pick it up. Maybe one of our NU media alum would start to champion.

Embarrass the refs - put their names on the screens of the video. Make it a thing. These days social media has an influence. Does the petty little bald guy want continued exposure? Does the B1G want the negative PR?

The White House uses social media. Everyone government and terrorist org uses it. We have a bunch of smart kids - build a library of tik tok length videos and get them out.
Start with the definition of a flagrant foul using the two from tonight.

To me, a Flagrant 2 and ejection should only be called on a dangerous and intentional foul that is immediately obvious to everyone. The fact that the refs reviewed the play for almost 10 minutes and looked at the monitor 15 times almost by definition means it should not be a Flagrant 2. I don’t get how such an uncertain call can warrant an ejection.

Foul. Probably. Flagrant. Unlikely. Ejection? That's ridiculous.

This is gonna be an all time test of our non-existent depth.
If he had two hands on the ball probably not a flagrant, but the ball was in his right hand and he reached out with is left to hit Davis where he shouldn't have.

If he had two hands on the ball probably not a flagrant, but the ball was in his right hand and he reached out with is left to hit Davis where he shouldn't have.
Do you know if there's a clip of it online somewhere? I was only able to listen to the game today, so I haven't seen it yet.

Lol dude. Just go home. It’s a foul clearly, and at a stretch could maybe be a flagrant 1. It’s not a flagrant 2, I’ve watched about 5000 college bball games without seeing a flagrant 2 called. That isn’t one. A flagrant 2 is intentional and forcible contact in an egregious way with intent to injure. It was a basketball play.

Nice win for Rutgers, but don’t be a moron claiming dumb things please.

They told Collins it’s (hitting in the nuts) either a common foul or a flagrant 2 due to the rules. If that’s the case the rubric is messed up.

They told Collins it’s (hitting in the nuts) either a common foul or a flagrant 2 due to the rules. If that’s the case the rubric is messed up.
If Earl Walton is still refereeing big ten basketball games after tonight then a lot of things are messed up

(But yes exactly - common foul was the correct result, also that agreed that framework makes zero sense)

Why was one ref apparently able to keep filibustering until the other refs gave in? Shouldn't there just be a vote after they view the replay and that's the decision?

• Angry
Why was one ref apparently able to keep filibustering until the other refs gave in? Shouldn't there just be a vote after they view the replay and that's the decision?
Yeah if you are going to kick a guy out of the game, it had damned well better be unanimous and immediate.
Thats a no-brainer.

It reeked of revenge call against Collins for the tirade.

• Angry
Does he lose a half next game? I know he gets credit for being out second half tonight.
No and even if it were similar to targeting in FB (not) since it was in first half, there would be no carryover to another game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT