ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck and Minnesota up on number five PSU!

Not as good as Wheaton, right?

IMO, Wheaton nudges them out as a teaching college if your goal is to get into, say, medical school. Wheaton is very thorough. However, there's no better place to be than a major university if you're interested in doing research as an undergrad. Unfortunately, that's not an option if you're a scholarship athlete.

IMO, Wheaton nudges them out as a teaching college if your goal is to get into, say, medical school. Wheaton is very thorough. However, there's no better place to be than a major university if you're interested in doing research as an undergrad. Unfortunately, that's not an option if you're a scholarship athlete.
I have nothing but respect for you athletes who take on academics with athletics. It is a grind and takes dedication and drive. I saw the QB from Minnie had a football offer from Wheaton before walking onto Minnie. I thought of you. I respect the dedication and work ethic of everyone who graduated from a University, and especially doing a sport. It is something I never did.

Reactions: Gladeskat
I have nothing but respect for you athletes who take on academics with athletics. It is a grind and takes dedication and drive. I saw the QB from Minnie had a football offer from Wheaton before walking onto Minnie. I thought of you. I respect the dedication and work ethic of everyone who graduated from a University, and especially doing a sport. It is something I never did.

Wait a minute... I thought all D3 athletes were sissies.

Wait a minute... I thought all D3 athletes were sissies.
I never called D3 athletes sissies. I said most D3 athletes pay tuition to be able to call themselves college athletes. Just because you aren't talented enough to play D1 football doesn't mean you are a sissy. There are lots of athletic sissies, just as there are non athletic bad asses. Just because you aren't athletic at football doesn't mean you aren't athletic at something else. Some D3 athletes are very athletic but may be too small for D1. But size has zero determination on if you are a sissy. I saw many of my sons teammates post offers from D3 schools ( which D3 doesn't give athletic scholarships) and then sign a blank paper at a commitment ceremony. It is just another participation trophy.it didn't make them sissies, just frauds. It's like taking D students and letting them make valedictorian speeches without telling everyone they actually barely passed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT