ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck to Minny

It's Friday afternoon, no one is here, so I am dragging this into the gutter.

You decide.

PJ's Original Wife
full.jpg

PJ's Current Squeeze?
CHYNAscan012.jpg
[/QUOT]

Can't...unsee...that.

Well, his staff out coached NU's staff this past season.....
And the fightin' Lovies. 2-0 in his new division.

***Edited**: Windy City rightfully corrected me...make that 2-1 v. the Division after their bowl loss to Wisconsin.

Last edited:
He maybe realizes he's losing his QB, all-everything WR, two NFL-caliber tackles, and runs the risk of a normal MAC winning season.

I agree with this assessment of the WMU situation. While Fleck recruited well, he was also fortunate to have a NFL caliber QB, WR, and linemen all at the same time, kind of a perfect storm that would be hard to replicate next season.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
So about this boat...Does the boat stay in Kalamazoo? Does it come to Minneapolis with him? Does Fleck row it across Lake Michigan in the middle of Winter and then carry it the rest of the way to Minneapolis as a motivational tactic for his players?

Whose boat is it- Western Michigan's or PJ's? What happens with the damn boat?
References to boat travel on the Great Lakes in these cold months are a bit ominous:

"The legend lives on, from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitchee Gumee
Superior, it's said, never gives up its dead
When the gales of November come early."

--Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Reactions: ubercat
References to boat travel on the Great Lakes in these cold months are a bit ominous:

How true. And P.J. can be heard singing as he rows out of Kalamazoo: "Fellas, it's been good to know yaaa."

There is no need for PJ and his feckless crusaders to tempt the fates of Gitchee Gumee. Kalamazoo is fortuitously located near the headwaters of the Kankakee River. In the days of fur trading, it served as a useful conduit between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi drainage, often via St. Joseph River, which passes thru present day South Bend.

So PJ and his Gophernauts could make a quick portage to the swampy headwarters of the Kankakee, float south and then west to the Illinois River, pursue its course, stopping for some entertainment at Big Al's in Peoria, and then meet the turbid waters of the mighty Mississippi (actually it's not so turbid above its confluence with the Missouri River, which carries the sands of the northern Rockies in its wake).

Up the Great River PJ and his rowers can venture, past the Quad Cities and the Galena bluffs, all the way to Minneapolis!

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I actually had a discussion about this with a guy at work. We both like his first wife...we prefer the "All American Girl" look. The other guy noticed his second wife's back tattoo, and suggested that the guy must be a freak (in a positive way)! He said if you check her Google search history, you'll likely find some combination of Minnesota Tattoo, Leather, Piercing. Certainly nothing negative about that, we were just a couple schmucks at work talking about PJ Fleck.

I had read that his first wife didn't mind being the wife of an assistant coach, but that once he became a head coach, her responsibilities increased and became different, she hated that part of it, and that was when she decided to start divorce proceedings. I obviously have no idea if that is any version of the truth or not...because you know, the internet.

You decide.

PJ's Original Wife
full.jpg

PJ's Current Squeeze?
CHYNAscan012.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: NUCat320
I read some of his comments at his introductory press conference. This guy thinks he is the anointed one. Either he will be a huge success and leave in 3 years or be an absolute bust. Either way, we will not have to deal with him for long.

A lot of sh*t talk here about a guy's wife/ex-wife. Did I mistakenly navigate to an SEC message board? Not a good look for us here, NU fans.
Concur. Basically, all we have proven is that he has married twice and both women are physically attractive. Nothing unusual and good for him.

--Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"[/QUOTE

I wonder if MSU OL Coach Mark Staton is any good? I suppose it would be a sideways move for him to replace McPherson.

For those of you interested in our heartland waterways, which greatly shaped our nations early history, and gave rise to Mr. Fleck's metaphor, look up Chad Pegracke and his organization Living Waters.

While merely a strapping youth, he started an effort to rid the Mississippi River of civilation's detritus. He started off hauling tires out of the muck in his favorite mussel beds as an 18 year old. Now he's near 40, and commands a fleet of barges equipped with cranes and winches, living quarters, and a karaoke machine. He enlists college youth in summer long "cruises" undoing what should never be done: fouling our great waters with refuse.

God bless people like Chad Pegracke. These are the types that truly make America great.

Reactions: rmndcat
So about this boat...Does the boat stay in Kalamazoo? Does it come to Minneapolis with him? Does Fleck row it across Lake Michigan in the middle of Winter and then carry it the rest of the way to Minneapolis as a motivational tactic for his players?

Whose boat is it- Western Michigan's or PJ's? What happens with the damn boat?
I gave this some thought...Think Row the Boat stays in WMU unless both teams sing ROW, ROW YOUR BOAT in rows with Pajamas Boy leading them.
So maybe more appropriate PULL THE PLOW,, SWAT THE MOSQUITOES or maybe most appropriate to the current situation at Minny and to what I think his results will be is EATING THE LUTEFISK

I gave this some thought...Think Row the Boat stays in WMU unless both teams sing ROW, ROW YOUR BOAT in rows with Pajamas Boy leading them.
So maybe more appropriate PULL THE PLOW,, SWAT THE MOSQUITOES or maybe most appropriate to the current situation at Minny and to what I think his results will be is EATING THE LUTEFISK
Lutefisk = poor recruiting strategy

Ski-U-Mah is the new one. Guess it means something similar. Get ready for this to be plastered all over the place.
It's been on their helmets for at least a few years.

Being Minneapolis, I've got to assume he'll go with 'Pedal the Bar'. They're big on booze on wheels.

Reactions: NJCat
I think the reason people are flipping out a bit is because Fleck did wonders going from 1 win to 13 in three years at WMU. He beat Northwestern with kids that didn't get offered by us. Some fear that with recruits that actually have B1G offers, he can do a lot better.

I think the reason people are flipping out a bit is because Fleck did wonders going from 1 win to 13 in three years at WMU. He beat Northwestern with kids that didn't get offered by us. Some fear that with recruits that actually have B1G offers, he can do a lot better.

Reactions: Gladeskat
He likely can.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT