ADVERTISEMENT

FSU Larger Fan Base than Virginia Tech

GlideCat

Jan 19, 2013
ESPN's coverage is annoyingly one-sided. As a fan of a smaller fan base team, this favoritism is very distracting to me.

Reactions: BigNUFan51
Everything about that was bad...preparation, coaching, execution, the list goes on and on. Then I see tweets like this:

THEN WHY THE F@CK WERE THEY RANKED STEWART? JFC
“Well, I gotta pick 25.”

Spurrier used to pick Duke for the top 25 in his first poll every year. A preseason poll is absurd, and has the effect of overrating teams for the entire season. But it’s much easier to promote #20 v #19 than it is Independence Bowl champ versus Camping World Bowl... “runner up.”

Reactions: drewjin
“Well, I gotta pick 25.”

Spurrier used to pick Duke for the top 25 in his first poll every year. A preseason poll is absurd, and has the effect of overrating teams for the entire season. But it’s much easier to promote #20 v #19 than it is Independence Bowl champ versus Camping World Bowl... “runner up.”
How about a team that went 10-3, won their bowl, second in their division, and returns a significant portion of that team?

Ranking teams like FSU and Texas is frankly lazy and dumb. Arizona? Seriously? Houston? Give me a break...pathetic.

Edit: realize Arizona and Houston were just and SI article I saw, but feel free to exchange with Oregon and Michigan if you wanna stick to the AP poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Give some credit to VaTech. That is a very good team.
We don't know that yet. One game against a 6-6 team from last year with a new coach is not sufficient sample size. I will agree that either their defense is really good or FSU's offense is really bad, or both.

We don't know that yet. One game against a 6-6 team from last year with a new coach is not sufficient sample size. I will agree that either their defense is really good or FSU's offense is really bad, or both.

They had more TFLs than FSU had first downs last night. Amazing.

They were 9th in the nation in defensive S&P last year. They are breaking in new LBs but that front four largely the same, albeit somewhat thin. There is a lot of talent there.

They had more TFLs than FSU had first downs last night. Amazing.

They were 9th in the nation in defensive S&P last year. They are breaking in new LBs but that front four largely the same, albeit somewhat thin. There is a lot of talent there.
Bud Foster knows defense.

Wasn't all that impressed by Josh Jackson, although the oft wet ball might have had something to do with it. Blown TD call might have changed the outcome, FSU needed to get some momentum.

Bud Foster knows defense.

Wasn't all that impressed by Josh Jackson, although the oft wet ball might have had something to do with it. Blown TD call might have changed the outcome, FSU needed to get some momentum.
I am not sure it was a blown TD call. The announcers were all over that statement but every time I watched it, I saw the side of the player's ankle brush the grass when the ball was at the one yard line. I am not sure it would have been overturned on review.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT