ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Iowa

GatoLouco

Nov 14, 2019
Indianapolis
Live view of the pep talk in the bad guy’s locker room.

Go cats!

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Northwestern (15-5, 6-3 Big Ten) hits the road to make up their postponed matchup at Iowa (13-8, 5-5 Big Ten) at 8 p.m. on BTN.

Like the start for the cats. Shooters hitting shots and have forced a couple turnovers. We need to quiet their big down.

Reactions: drewjin
Iowa making their layups. NU have rolled off. Playing hard so far.

Interesting g to see if MN can keep the pace this game.

Tough game with Iowa playing for Street.

Good news - we're tied while Boo is 1-5 from the field. Good news - Murray and Rebaca each with 2 could. Bad news - Murray looks to be out of his 3pt shooting slump

Beran has to do more on offense as well. NU playing 3 on 5 on offense. Hard to win that way.

Had one nice cut for a layup and that's it

We are gonna need to score in the second half, both for the obvious reason and for the fact that Iowa is the embodiment of the Hubert Davis "missed shots are turnovers" theory. We cannot let them get out on the break.

HUGE from Martinelli. Huge. What a revelation. Need more from the big boys, though. Regardless, my fear of a 2022 BTT reprise doesn't appear to be in the cards. Let's go win.

Well, NU has played even w the mf cowhawks. The cowhawks whole game is to just hit alotta treys. Somebody has gotta be on superduperman every f'g second. NU stops superduperman and they win.

If you told me Iowa would be shooting 58% from the field and 50% from deep, while Boo was 1-for-5 from the floor, I would not say we’d be tied at halftime.

It is what it is. A very evenly matched game between two teams that won’t back down.

Iowa has homecourt so NU is going to need to go into the final minutes with a lead, make shots and get stops.

Let’s get it done.

Our coach did their coach a nice favor by sitting Nicholson because Rebraca was in foul trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT