ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs. Iowa

We need to be doing more on offense. Can’t just move the ball around the arc and then one on one drive. Last few possessions we’ve gotten better and we need to keep it up. No more empty offensive possessions. Slowing it down is one thing but not getting into the paint is another.

Cats are in complete Survival Mode right now with Boo out. Two fadeaways from Chase and a fadeaway from Brooks keeping them in it.

Reactions: drewjin
Boo should not have taken that second 3-pointer. Take the second-chance opportunity to get a quality shot. Now we’re down 5.

Need to regroup right now.

My son, about a half-hour ago: “So, if he does a reverse dunk, is it a Nicholback?”

I think it is.
nickelback-goodbye-goodbye.gif

I don’t like this. Boo forced that three and Chase has forced two straight pull-ups. Let’s get to the bucket now.
I know NU’s gameplan is to slow down the game but when there are chances to press and get points it feels like they’ve got to take them. The half court offense isn’t working well right now.

Our tiredness may b catching up now- seems like just no sharpness right now. we just keep messing up and they arent

NU just doesn't have the guns to keep up with an Iowa team that's 9-18 from 3. Basketball is still a game about scoring points and NU doesn't score them super well. Iowa does, and they're pretty hot tonight.

Reactions: chaneccooms
NU just doesn't have the guns to keep up with an Iowa team that's 9-18 from 3. Basketball is still a game about scoring points and NU doesn't score them super well. Iowa does, and they're pretty hot tonight.
I don’t love that we have them again in Evanston. They’re too good from 3, the major kryptonite of our defense.

We lost our position as the aggressor on defense. Forcing turnovers and limiting easy buckets.

NU has actually played pretty well tonight. Iowa is just playing out of its mind. It happens.

I wouldn’t mind if the last three minutes got a little chippy. It could be a fun return match in Evanston.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I don’t love that we have them again in Evanston. They’re too good from 3, the major kryptonite of our defense.
I’m usually a goes both ways guy when it comes to officiating. But this was a very biased game. Home court, fear of Franco, emotions regarding Street or whatever the F is happening. Just terrible.
I’ll be rooting against Iowa the rest of the way.

Not that it matters but the refs just missed a clear shot clock violation as well.

• Sad
I’m usually a goes both ways guy when it comes to officiating. But this was a very biased game. Home court, fear of Franco, emotions regarding Street or whatever the F is happening. Just terrible.
I can think of a few questionable calls against NU but what specifically did you see that was so egregious?

Move on and beat Michigan. I think Iowa is better than Michigan and Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT