ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for NU vs No. 15 Indiana

Clutch at the end 4fts by Audige and Boo hitting one to seal it. IU was throwing up some ridiculous haynakers at the end in any normal scenario we win that game by 10 but I'll take the 1 pt win and be thankful.🙏
We would lose this game going away with the teams from the past three years. This year's team is different, which gives me much hope.

We would lose this game going away with the teams from the past three years. This year's team is different, which gives me much hope.
Yes they were plenty tough. We missed 6 FT's in the last 4 minutes of the game if I recall correctly (2 each by Matt and Julian, and 1 each by Chase and Boo), but it was enough in the end given the significant lead we padded going into the home stretch and those 4 in a row by Chase were really what sealed it in my mind. Until then, I was getting concerned. IU hit just some crazy haymakers too, it was absurd that ended up a 1 pt win but no complaints.

Does everyone realize we are 3-0 in true road games this year, all against P5 opponents? The mentality of the team on the road is perfect; so aggressive, ball hawking and diving all over the place for loose balls. The offensive sets looked really good today too and are playing to our strengths. IU was in desperation mode after losing that game at Iowa, at home in the friendly confines, and ended up shooting lights out but it just didn't matter. The mark of a good team is the ability to withstand that by overcoming it with your own excellent play. Really excited by the win today and proud of this true team we have who are playing incredibly well together.

Indiana will also be without two starters. Point guard Xavier Johnson has been out since December. Race Thompson just got hurt on Thursday night against Iowa and is out “indefinitely.”

This would make it two years in a row NU faced a depleted IU team. Last year they were missing five players, I believe it was, after Mike Woodson suspended them.
When you play people is very important

I feel like even though the big lead dwindled, it didn't feel anything close to the collapses we've felt in recent years. Indiana played well, NU missed some free throws, but it wasn't like NU panicked or turned it over one play after another. The team looked good with a big lead and needed every point it banked before the last five minutes. The mark of a GREAT team. Let's keep it going!

I feel like even though the big lead dwindled, it didn't feel anything close to the collapses we've felt in recent years. Indiana played well, NU missed some free throws, but it wasn't like NU panicked or turned it over one play after another. The team looked good with a big lead and needed every point it banked before the last five minutes. The mark of a GREAT team. Let's keep it going!
Yeah,... IU threw up some crazy 3's that fell. They made 3 three-pointers they had no business making. Even with that bad luck, we still hung on for the win.

Reactions: DaCat and drewjin
I don't get the Miller hate. He did NU a solid by leaving. Gave Berry playing time to develop. Do you really think NU would be better this year with Killer Mopp? I sure don't.
Guy sulked pretty much the whole time he was here. Couple that with he can’t really play at this level, and big timed the program out the door.

I don't get the Miller hate. He did NU a solid by leaving. Gave Berry playing time to develop. Do you really think NU would be better this year with Killer Mopp? I sure don't.

Wouldn't mind having his shooting off the bench. Have you seen his 3FG%?

In any case, it's more about how he left than the fact that he did leave or whether he could help us. I don't begrudge Young or Nance for leaving. It's I guess why some people were ticked by Joseph leaving and less with Skowronek.

Reactions: drewjin
Wouldn't mind having his shooting off the bench. Have you seen his 3FG%?

In any case, it's more about how he left than the fact that he did leave or whether he could help us. I don't begrudge Young or Nance for leaving. It's I guess why some people were ticked by Joseph leaving and less with Skowronek.
He stands. That’s all he does, on both sides. He stands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT