ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern vs. Liberty

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (4-0) plays Liberty (2-2) in the Riviera Division of the Cancun Classic. The Flames are .500, but they will be the biggest and best test that the undefeated Wildcats have faced so far. The game will be televised on CBS Sports Network.

Roper in a sling. Any intel on prognosis? We'll need him this year so hope it's a short term thing.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Anyone who thinks this team can compete in the Big Ten just needs to watch the first 5 minutes of this game to realize they won't have any chance to be competitive. To think we could have had Nance, Young, Kopp and Simmons on this team.

Interesting he went with martinelli instead of hungar.

Boo needs to look up when he drives, he is not thinking of passing

Can they make a layup. That's on the players

Maybe don’t switch on the little dude who scores in bunches. First 3 he hit was a Berry switch, second a Martinelli.

My god, we have the most unskilled team. I think maybe the guys who are good at this game work so hard at it and give their life to it. I wonder if our guys just don’t live the game enough to develop.

Anyone who thinks this team can compete in the Big Ten just needs to watch the first 5 minutes of this game to realize they won't have any chance to be competitive. To think we could have had Nance, Young, Kopp and Simmons on this team.
Basing any basketball opinion on 5 minutes of play is useless.

Basing any basketball opinion on 5 minutes of play is useless.
How about 15 minutes? Because it’s gotten much worse. And Matt Nicholson may have just taken the ugliest shot in the history of college basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
Our plan against a team with the 2nd best scorer from last year is to switch on all screens?

And defense is not even our biggest problem. Halftime can’t come quick enough

Our guys look totally intimidated against ****ing Liberty. Liberty!!

I think I saw that their tallest guy is a 6'9 frosh with no playing time. I get that a taller team doesn't automatically dominate a quickness but...man

It’s no longer a mystery why Nicholson never played. Yeesh!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT