ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Purdue vs. Northwestern

NUwin.gif

I love it. Boo is the most clutch NU player I have ever seen. We beat Purdue even though the Edey had a foul called on our defenders if they breathed on him. Boiler down boiler broken

Reactions: EvanstonCat
Painter and all of Purdue fan base soft as charmin. Never stop complaining about refs. Edey is 7'4", stop bitching and moaning every time you lose

Boo will get some grief for his comments but it was the two top MVP players in college basketball. They define their teams. MVPs may not be the best, but the most valuable.

My (Purdue) friend said he was going to cry himself to sleep. I replied that I got it, but I was going to be smiling in my sleep. He replied that he also understood. :)

Painter and all of Purdue fan base soft as charmin. Never stop complaining about refs. Edey is 7'4", stop bitching and moaning every time you lose
I just watched the post game comments by Painter and he gave a lot to credit to NU, and said the refs were great.

Reactions: drewjin
I love it. Boo is the most clutch NU player I have ever seen. We beat Purdue even though the Edey had a foul called on our defenders if they breathed on him. Boiler down boiler broken
He had Jordan confidence (don't freak out, he doesn't have Jordan skill). He just knew he was better and proved it. I like that about him.

My heart goes out to those of you who were in Welsh-Ryan tonight. Seriously...you're going to need it. Hope you all survived your heart attacks.
It was fun. I was at the Michigan win also. Missed last year. I was at another game when the students rushed the floor against Purdue. Mr. Marcotullio has seats in front of me. He said that was a surreal experience.

The best part of tonight’s game was that Barnhizer was off. He knew it and did not force it. He let his teammates get it.

Last edited:
NU was well prepared last night. From Bouie to Clayton, everyone knew what was expected and did their job. Nice to see.

It's true. Preston struggled at times last night, and some were hard on him, but man did he come up big with that steal. I can't even fault him for that foul on the three (changed to a two) right after that because of that steal.

I *want* Preston to be better than he is, because he is always in the middle of things. I can only hope that he can show the same adjustments/improvements this year as Tydus did last year, as NU is going to clearly need him. Of course we should all be excited about Hunger's growing game. If he keeps improving, he will pass Preston on the depth chart.

• Love
The missed free throws from (everyone!) Preston were killing me - 2 for 7 by the end. But the only thing he did that stands out for me this morning was at the very end when we had a four point lead, seconds left, and he left his feet at the 3pt line when a made three wouldn't have actually mattered. That was a throw back to last year's "bad Chase" defense and I said some mean things to Preston in the moment.

It's true. Preston struggled at times last night, and some were hard on him, but man did he come up big with that steal. I can't even fault him for that foul on the three (changed to a two) right after that because of that steal.

I *want* Preston to be better than he is, because he is always in the middle of things. I can only hope that he can show the same adjustments/improvements this year as Tydus did last year, as NU is going to clearly need him. Of course we should all be excited about Hunger's growing game. If he keeps improving, he will pass Preston on the depth chart.
Agree completely. And another thing we should keep in mind about Preston - he was giving 7 inches to Edey.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT