ADVERTISEMENT

Go U, Northwestern

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Cats' fight song come in at #19 in a ranking of all 130 FBS fight songs......

Northwestern owns one of the most underrated fight songs of the Power 5. From start to finish, it is really a strong fight song.

This is the type of song that anyone should be happy to get to hear on a weekly basis, but it usually ranks around the middle of the Big Ten on others’ lists.

I had to laugh a little as whoever these guys are, their choices were in good humor and devoid of much knowledge about the songs beyond the regions they are familiar with ( ACC and SEC apparently).

They clearly struggled a little with UCLA and Cal, til they figured out both have the same song (Fight for California). They have Wisconsin at 48 and Western Michigan at 12, which indicates a certain randomness, I guess. It is pretty great as a consolidation of video of all of them, and, since they didn’t think much of Minnesota, I would say “ Hat’s Off”.

I love fight songs. My family would sing them on road trips. Fun rankings, but two fight songs on the list are way overrated. Oklahoma ripped off Yale’s fight song. Texas is “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad” AND Texas students are fighting to eliminate it because racism or something.

I love fight songs. My family would sing them on road trips. Fun rankings, but two fight songs on the list are way overrated. Oklahoma ripped off Yale’s fight song. Texas is “I’ve Been Working on the Railroad” AND Texas students are fighting to eliminate it because racism or something.
Isn't this the Texas fight song? I thing the "Eyes of Texas" is a different deal......

I have always thought our fight song was one of the best. The melody is first rate, as far as fight songs go. When Little Hungry was really little, he'd sit up on my shoulders as we walked around, and I would sing the fight song for him. He loved it. He would pump arms and bounce up and down. Later, when he got the words down, he'd should out "Go Cats" at the end of the song. Great memories of those early days.

I have always thought our fight song was one of the best. The melody is first rate, as far as fight songs go. When Little Hungry was really little, he'd sit up on my shoulders as we walked around, and I would sing the fight song for him. He loved it. He would pump arms and bounce up and down. Later, when he got the words down, he'd should out "Go Cats" at the end of the song. Great memories of those early days.
I have gone to Ohio State games motivated largely by the opportunity to see the band. From the "skull session" in St. John arena before the game, to its dramatic entrance into the stadium, and the incomparable "Script Ohio" at half time it is a college football bucket list item for sure.

GOUNUII

I have gone to Ohio State games motivated largely by the opportunity to see the band. From the "skull session" in St. John arena before the game, to its dramatic entrance into the stadium, and the incomparable "Script Ohio" at half time it is a college football bucket list item for sure.

GOUNUII
I think I just heard ECat's head explode from half-way around the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT