ADVERTISEMENT

Great Road Win

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
1. First, heck of a game by CT. I’ve been mixed on him in some recent games but he was lights out yday. Lots of excellent throws and great decisions. He took a couple sacks but didn’t make a single big mistake.

2. Bowser keeps being Bowser. He’s changed our offense, it’s entirely different when you have balance.

3. Solid game by the wideouts. 88 made some plays, 19 had a really good day, interesting to see Holman (16) get into the mix. Is he still going to be redshirted I think? I guess we like him on the jet sweep, although tbh I didn’t think he was super fast on those. Flynn will get back healthy soon hopefully. Cam Green one nice catch in traffic. Jefferson had a long one, though it looked like he was looking back too much rather than running to the end zone! Might have been a bit gassed. Anyways, solid all around day.

4. O Line had a few bad plays but lots more good plays. Solid day.

5. Nate Hall is an animal. Great game, unfortunate targeting call, agree with what Fitz said in the presser 100%. That’s fine though. Look forward to getting him back in the 2H next week. Great blitz on the 4th and 1. (Hank had a few timely blitz calls)

6. Whillock too.... wow he flashed some potential starting from the Rutgers game, but he’s quickly developed into an excellent player. Just flying around the field.

7. The rest of the replacement DBs? Pretty solid day. Ruiz has made a few mistakes this year, some up and down, but he does seem to be developing. Him and Mayo combined - we played a lot of base coverage and as usual gave them the short passes to the wide side of the field, but avoided giving up anything over the top. Textbook Hank game plan and the DBs executed it well.

8. And the DL had a solid day too. Gaz is awesome, EB a big play, Goens a strong sack. They got a bit tired at some points on long drives, but for the most part a strong day from them.

Overall, just a great team performance. A very Northwestern win, and I mean that in the best way possible. Loved watching Fitz in the presser about how they were insulted with people questioning their preparation. And that we were dogs in this game?? Absurd. Who cares, we took care of business. Good win, rest and recover today, then we look forward to Illinois.

Go Cats!

1. First, heck of a game by CT. I’ve been mixed on him in some recent games but he was lights out yday. Lots of excellent throws and great decisions. He took a couple sacks but didn’t make a single big mistake.

2. Bowser keeps being Bowser. He’s changed our offense, it’s entirely different when you have balance.

3. Solid game by the wideouts. 88 made some plays, 19 had a really good day, interesting to see Holman (16) get into the mix. Is he still going to be redshirted I think? I guess we like him on the jet sweep, although tbh I didn’t think he was super fast on those. Flynn will get back healthy soon hopefully. Cam Green one nice catch in traffic. Jefferson had a long one, though it looked like he was looking back too much rather than running to the end zone! Might have been a bit gassed. Anyways, solid all around day.

4. O Line had a few bad plays but lots more good plays. Solid day.

5. Nate Hall is an animal. Great game, unfortunate targeting call, agree with what Fitz said in the presser 100%. That’s fine though. Look forward to getting him back in the 2H next week. Great blitz on the 4th and 1. (Hank had a few timely blitz calls)

6. Whillock too.... wow he flashed some potential starting from the Rutgers game, but he’s quickly developed into an excellent player. Just flying around the field.

7. The rest of the replacement DBs? Pretty solid day. Ruiz has made a few mistakes this year, some up and down, but he does seem to be developing. Him and Mayo combined - we played a lot of base coverage and as usual gave them the short passes to the wide side of the field, but avoided giving up anything over the top. Textbook Hank game plan and the DBs executed it well.

8. And the DL had a solid day too. Gaz is awesome, EB a big play, Goens a strong sack. They got a bit tired at some points on long drives, but for the most part a strong day from them.

Overall, just a great team performance. A very Northwestern win, and I mean that in the best way possible. Loved watching Fitz in the presser about how they were insulted with people questioning their preparation. And that we were dogs in this game?? Absurd. Who cares, we took care of business. Good win, rest and recover today, then we look forward to Illinois.

Go Cats!

Good points. Holman RS last year. He is a RS freshman this year.

Reactions: ricko654321
Good points. Holman RS last year. He is a RS freshman this year.
Okay, cool, thanks. I guess I was just surprised as he hasn’t played much this year but then seemed to be a part of the game plan. Maybe he stepped in after Flynn’s ankle got dinged up.

Okay, cool, thanks. I guess I was just surprised as he hasn’t played much this year but then seemed to be a part of the game plan. Maybe he stepped in after Flynn’s ankle got dinged up.

He is a skilled player but needed some extra time to develop physically. Blocking is such an important skill for WRs in our offense. He has been gradually worked in this year and I think you'll see him be a regular part of the WR rotation next year. Our depth at WR is pretty damn good. I think Lees showed yesterday he could be next in line as the go to move the chains WR and we've seen what Skowronek, Jefferson and McGowan can do when they get targets. Add Bowman, Jace James, and possibly Jalen Brown to the mix and one can see how Kirtz/Genson Hooper will really earn it if they can break into the rotation next year.

It was a solidly played game from my perspective in row 6. Minny's D is getting better, and ala Purdue, they are an offensive threat--just young. This game was not a gimme.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT