ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh and Kelly Getting NFL Inquiries

corbi296

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2005
Miami and Tampa rumored to have serious interest in Harbaugh and Kelly, respectively. Miami's owner is a Michigan alum and supposedly has a good rapport with Harbaugh. Jimbo has to be torn on this one because I am sure he doesn't want to leave without winning the conference at least once but he also has to know patience at Michigan is running low. If he can't beat OSU next year with Urban gone they might run him out of town. Kelly may actually make the jump if the offer from Tampa is as good as rumored (money and full control). He has to know that he is approaching the expected life expectancy of any coach at ND and the loss to Clemson may have shown him how far away he truly is to a National Championship. Their departures would only help NU as it would create some havoc with two programs that we regularly run up against in recruiting.

Last edited:
Although I don't think Hairball will leave, I wish he would. Guy is a knob but is a good coach, and even 1 year of them winning the B1G and we will have the "Michigan is back" narrative. Heck, we have it now and they are not really any good.

Reactions: DaCat
Miami and Tampa rumored to have serious interest in Harbaugh and Kelly, respectively. Miami's owner is a Michigan alum and supposedly has a good rapport with Harbaugh. Jimbo has to be torn on this one because I am sure he doesn't want to leave without winning the conference at least once but he also has to know patience at Michigan is running low. If he can't beat OSU next year with Urban gone they might run him out of town. Kelly may actually make the jump if the offer from Tampa is as good as rumored (money and full control). He has to know that is approaching the expected life expectancy of any coach at ND and the loss to Clemson may have shown him how far away he truly is to a National Championship. Their departures would only help NU as it would create some havoc with two programs that we regularly run up against in recruiting.
If he leaves for the NFL he has the same chances of beating the Buckeyes as if he stays.

Miami and Tampa rumored to have serious interest in Harbaugh and Kelly, respectively. Miami's owner is a Michigan alum and supposedly has a good rapport with Harbaugh. Jimbo has to be torn on this one because I am sure he doesn't want to leave without winning the conference at least once but he also has to know patience at Michigan is running low. If he can't beat OSU next year with Urban gone they might run him out of town. Kelly may actually make the jump if the offer from Tampa is as good as rumored (money and full control). He has to know that is approaching the expected life expectancy of any coach at ND and the loss to Clemson may have shown him how far away he truly is to a National Championship. Their departures would only help NU as it would create some havoc with two programs that we regularly run up against in recruiting.
If either does leave it will create a domino effect with ND/Mich stealing a coach from another program. Again the kids get put in the position of having to play under a new regime that may have a completely different scheme. Kids should be allowed a one time immediately eligible transfer when this happens.

Harbaugh may be feeling that with Urban out, he has a shot at beating the Bucks next year and gaining some momentum if they take a step back.

Kelly, I agree he might as well decide to take the NFL payout. I’m not sure he is confident he can win a national title at ND after getting spanked in every big bowl appearance.

Although I don't think Hairball will leave, I wish he would. Guy is a knob but is a good coach, and even 1 year of them winning the B1G and we will have the "Michigan is back" narrative. Heck, we have it now and they are not really any good.
Ehhhh, we’ve been hearing “Michigan is back” every time they win three games in September. They’ll just never actually arrive.

Harbaugh may be feeling that with Urban out, he has a shot at beating the Bucks next year and gaining some momentum if they take a step back.

Kelly, I agree he might as well decide to take the NFL payout. I’m not sure he is confident he can win a national title at ND after getting spanked in every big bowl appearance.
What do ND and marijuana have in common? Both get smoked in bowls?

How do you make Michigan cookies? Put in a big bowl and beat for three hours

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT