ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh takes negative recruiting to a new level...

Honestly, I doubt Harbaugh had much if anything to do with this...this is the work of an inexperienced recruiting assistant whose sun rises and sets with Michigan football...thought he was doing UM a favor with something like this, completely ignoring the fact that the OSU coach had some firepower of his own.

Honestly, I doubt Harbaugh had much if anything to do with this...this is the work of an inexperienced recruiting assistant whose sun rises and sets with Michigan football...thought he was doing UM a favor with something like this, completely ignoring the fact that the OSU coach had some firepower of his own.

Ummm...think again. No way this went out with out input from the Assistant Coach as well as final review of the head coach...at least that was my experience.

Never thought I would despise someone more than Urban in the B1G...but Harbaugh is the worst in my book.

Link

Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. The experience comparison is Fact. Whether or not it matters is up to the recruit. This sort of comparative advertising goes on every day in consumer goods for example. No big deal IMO.

Reactions: NUCat320
Frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. The experience comparison is Fact. Whether or not it matters is up to the recruit. This sort of comparative advertising goes on every day in consumer goods for example. No big deal IMO.

It's one thing to state these facts in a meeting with a recruit. It's another thing for a member of the UM Athletic Department, at any level, to take the time to Photoshop a graphic highlighting these things - makes UM look petty and childish.

Ummm...think again. No way this went out with out input from the Assistant Coach as well as final review of the head coach...at least that was my experience.

I just don't see Harbaugh studying this graphic and saying, "yeah, I want this out there." I imagine him either giving his recruiting assistants the "I trust your judgment" speech or him glossing over this when he was presented with 200 other pieces of recruiting materials.

This type of material does not go out without the OK from the head coach or senior member of the staff.

This type of material does not go out without the OK from the head coach or senior member of the staff.
and yet it is...nothing. I despise Harbaugh and Michigan and this just looks like a poor attempt at marketing. Doesn't seem that bad.

I think it is just another example of, "...enthusiasm unknown to mankind."

and yet it is...nothing. I despise Harbaugh and Michigan and this just looks like a poor attempt at marketing. Doesn't seem that bad.

It's pretty unusual to take such a direct shot at another school, rivalry notwithstanding.

It's pretty unusual to take such a direct shot at another school, rivalry notwithstanding.

In this case, you absolutely have to love it. One of the premier rivalries in all of college football. Bodes well for the Big 10 if these two can square off at a high level.

. Bodes well for the Big 10 if these two can square off at a high level.

Yes, can't wait to see these two and Michigan State battle each year to see who gets to play Northwestern in the Big Ten championship game. ;)

Never having been a recruit, I find that pretty compelling as a "take away". I have no idea whether documents like that are common - but I don't really see anything out of bounds there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT