ADVERTISEMENT

Here comes Skip Holtz.

I did a quick Google and no scandals showed up, aside from him being related to Lou. He is a football lifer and has won more games as head coach than Fitz did.

That being said, this part of his biography stood out to me as indicating he has high personal character and could be a breath of fresh air in Evanston.

“Holtz and his wife Jennifer Fitzgerald, whom he met while he was working at Florida State, have two sons and a daughter.[6][33] Holtz co-hosts theannual spring golf tournament named the Drew Steele-Skip Holtz Golf Classic. Drew Steele is the son of former East Carolina basketball coach Mike Steele and has Down syndrome. When they first met, Holtz was impressed by Drew's positive attitude, and he has since called upon Drew to help motivate the football team, both as a speaker and through work with the team.[34] The Drew Steele-Skip Holtz Golf Classic benefits citizens of Pitt County with special needs.[35]

Glad it's Holtz and not Wannstedt
Wanny's stint at Pitt wasn't the worst thing ever. He even won a share of the conference championship his last season; of course, that was with a 7-5 record. I guess that's Wanny's biggest problem: his failure to rise above mediocrity. But I would be satisfied with a spot in this year's Big Ten Championship with a 7-5 record.

99 percent of my predictions are wrong but even a broken clock gets it right twice a day!

99 percent of my predictions are wrong but even a broken clock gets it right twice a day!

Good call!! Kudos

Good call! Hopefully Coach Holtz will help in a big way.

assistant-to-the-regional-manager-assistant-regional-manager.gif

• Haha
Reactions: KATankerous

Not a digital one

• Haha
Reactions: DaCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT