ADVERTISEMENT

Here I am...

In Steamboat Springs, skiing with the family and wearing NU gear. At evey lift, dining table, or on the bus, I get a "Go Cats!", or "Do you think Fitz will go to Green Bay?", or "I'm a MSU/Indiana/Iowa/Nebraska alum and I root for NU when they are not playing us".

It seems that Colorado is a Haven for NU fans.
Same thing in Kansas City.

In Steamboat Springs, skiing with the family and wearing NU gear. At evey lift, dining table, or on the bus, I get a "Go Cats!", or "Do you think Fitz will go to Green Bay?", or "I'm a MSU/Indiana/Iowa/Nebraska alum and I root for NU when they are not playing us".

It sure would be nice if more of these fans and "supporters" were able to make it to our bowl games or...gasp...come to Ryan Field at least once a season.

The young woman who served me my bagel in a deli on the CT shoreline the morning of the Holiday Bowl was wearing a Northwestern t-shirt. I took that to be a good sign!

Lest we get too puffed up. I was at the UPS store for a return new years Eve day, emblazoned in purple as usual. A dull eyed clerk was struggling to help me and finally had to give way to a competent co-worker. Then the less competent one brightened ever so slightly and said something like ' did you go to NU? That's my school, 09.'

Not all of our grads are feverishly pursued by Mensa. Just for the record

I lived in Manhattan Beach when NU went to the Rose Bowl in 1996 and played USC. Walking along the Strand, I was amazed that there were just as many NU banners as SC and Manhattan Beach is home to a huge number of SC alums. There are NU fans in a lot of surprising places.
Now there's even one or two more in the arrowhead of NE Minnesota where we watched the game. "Spread far the fame of our fair name."

Lest we get too puffed up. I was at the UPS store for a return new years Eve day, emblazoned in purple as usual. A dull eyed clerk was struggling to help me and finally had to give way to a competent co-worker. Then the less competent one brightened ever so slightly and said something like ' did you go to NU? That's my school, 09.'

Not all of our grads are feverishly pursued by Mensa. Just for the record
She's probably in grad school at Johns Hopkins.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat

I could ski "Buddy's Run" all day long-a gliding blue perfect for my abilities

There aren’t many of us here, but those that are spread the fame far

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
I lived in Manhattan Beach when NU went to the Rose Bowl in 1996 and played USC. Walking along the Strand, I was amazed that there were just as many NU banners as SC and Manhattan Beach is home to a huge number of SC alums. There are NU fans in a lot of surprising places.

No, not surprising at all. Sure you see the banners in places like Steamboat Springs and Manhattan Beach. I'd warrant you'd see a lot of NU banners on the North Shore, in Westchester County, Greenwich CT, Palo Alto or Atherton CA, or McClean VA.

If you were to go to say the rural areas of Alabama or Mississippi, West Texas, or places like within 8 mile of Detroit or Compton CA or even the parts of Chicago known as Chiraq (away from the parts that Corbi knows), I don't think you'd see so many NU banners.

No, not surprising at all. Sure you see the banners in places like Steamboat Springs and Manhattan Beach. I'd warrant you'd see a lot of NU banners on the North Shore, in Westchester County, Greenwich CT, Palo Alto or Atherton CA, or McClean VA.

If you were to go to say the rural areas of Alabama or Mississippi, West Texas, or places like within 8 mile of Detroit or Compton CA or even the parts of Chicago known as Chiraq (away from the parts that Corbi knows), I don't think you'd see so many NU banners.
So if I am looking for NU banners, I need to go to rich area’s populated by primarily white people? Got it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT