ADVERTISEMENT

Hustle

Rebounding has been an issue all year. I was at the DePaul game and they dominated the boards and would have won easily had they not clanked so many free throws. We are missing Lumpkin a lot more than I thought we would (especially since we are not getting the improved offense we had hoped for)

Lumpkin? Which NBA roster is he on. I hope NU is aspiring to be the type of program that can handle losing a 'role' player to graduation without falling off the cliff.

Lumpkin? Which NBA roster is he on. I hope NU is aspiring to be the type of program that can handle losing a 'role' player to graduation without falling off the cliff.
Unfortunately they have not.

Come on, missing Lumpkin is not the real reason that things have gone sour. Just look a couple seniors who were expected start and lead as the real culprits.
No it’s just one many reasons NU has falllen off a cliff.

Rebounding has been an issue all year. I was at the DePaul game and they dominated the boards and would have won easily had they not clanked so many free throws. We are missing Lumpkin a lot more than I thought we would (especially since we are not getting the improved offense we had hoped for)

I don't understand how anyone with much of an understanding of basketball could not have foreseen that he would be a major loss.

You're dismissing Lumpkin's leadership here. Lumpkin provided that in abundance just by his example!

Willy has consistently taken shots at Lumpkin. My sense is that some of that is serious and some of that is having fun with the board.

But there is a simplicity to the point that he's making here, and it happens to align exactly with the point that Haywood has now made a couple times. For those or you who want to put this at the feet of one senior with the perpetual hang-dog look, I point out that Haywood and Willy both write "seniors." It's not about one guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT