ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical that gave me a task for the game tomorrow

eastbaycat99

Mar 7, 2009
I know the Cats are underdogs but hope for the best tomorrow. They have earned their way to the game, and have a healthy team ready to take the field - with the exception of kicker.

It crossed my mind that I am glad I am not Fitz if the Cats are down by 1 with 5 seconds to go on ablout the OSU 25 or so and time for a last play. Would you send out Collins or go for the endzone?

In thinking about it, I had to imagine the stress it would cause my cardio-vascular system; I don't know, even with all the conditioning of the cardiac Cats, if by body could take it.

My task for myself is to write a contingency good-bye note to my wife and children, as if this scenario comes true, I may end up keeled over on the couch in my den.

Go Cats.

I know the Cats are underdogs but hope for the best tomorrow. They have earned their way to the game, and have a healthy team ready to take the field - with the exception of kicker.

It crossed my mind that I am glad I am not Fitz if the Cats are down by 1 with 5 seconds to go on ablout the OSU 25 or so and time for a last play. Would you send out Collins or go for the endzone?

In thinking about it, I had to imagine the stress it would cause my cardio-vascular system; I don't know, even with all the conditioning of the cardiac Cats, if by body could take it.

My task for myself is to write a contingency good-bye note to my wife and children, as if this scenario comes true, I may end up keeled over on the couch in my den.

Go Cats.
Now all I can think about is Northwestern fans huddled in the fetal position on their couches tomorrow.

Last edited:

Go Cats.
Depends on whether or not you have a timeout left.

If you don't, have Collins kick the FG.
If you do, take a delay of game penalty, give up the timeout to avoid the ten-second runoff, move the ball back 5 more yards and have Collins kick the FG.

Depends on whether or not you have a timeout left.

If you don't, have Collins kick the FG.
If you do, take a delay of game penalty, give up the timeout to avoid the ten-second runoff, move the ball back 5 more yards and have Collins kick the FG.

I like where your head is at, but presuming that the clock is not already running, there is no 10 second runoff. Therefore I recommend that we commit 5 false starts and then kick.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
I like where your head is at, but presuming that the clock is not already running, there is no 10 second runoff. Therefore I recommend that we commit 5 false starts and then kick.
Oh, the clock was running - Bowser just ran for 50 yards on the previous play.

Go Cats.
You send in Collins. Trust your players, above all trust yourself.

Go Cats.
The answer is that it depends on what Collins has shown in practice. If he can make a 42 yard field goal, say, 30% of the time, then send him out there. If it's beyond his range, then don't. I think it's pretty simple, really, and Fitz probably already has the scenarios lined up in his head. Playing indoors, so wind is not a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT