ADVERTISEMENT

I’m at the kickoff lunch now

Looking forward to joining the Purple tomorrow. Flight arrives around Holiday Bowl Parade time so will at least make it for the pregame festivities.

There were several moose sightings by self and family members this week and if we are lucky there may even be a Bullwinkle balloon in the Holiday Bowl Parade.

Last edited:
Are they blocking you from the salad dressing?
The 2 freshman linemen were Sam Stovall from Tennessee and Charle Schmidt from Libertyville, IL. I sat next to Sam during the luncheon and he was generous responding as I was bending his ear asking probably too many questions. Learned a little about nuances of recruiting. The new training facility is a gamechager for new recruits and is much appreciated as an on-campus facility. Athletes are also taking some of their meals there together at some kind of training table. When I toured the U of Oregon indoor training facility I was impressed by their training table for their football players and other Ducks athletes. I imagine ours is similar. Fun afternoon and got to go to the car show at the convention center next door after the luncheon. Now my question is a small SUV like a RAV4 or Nissan Rouge, or a hybrid or all-electric. I’m in a condo so having to jump thru hoops for a recharging station on-site might be an issue.

Good stuff, WCW.

A good SUV hybrid will get >40 mpg which is excellent, and without the hassles of charging.

Rumor has it we may be wearing white tomorrow.
our colors arent purple anymore.So its common that we wear color assortments. I think getting away from the Northwestern colors may be a good thing. And having the players decide (Many are from Ohio and Florida) is a great thing. We need to move past the university and its poor representation in football, and now identify commercially with UA tie-ins.

The 2 freshman linemen were Sam Stovall from Tennessee and Charle Schmidt from Libertyville, IL. I sat next to Sam during the luncheon and he was generous responding as I was bending his ear asking probably too many questions. Learned a little about nuances of recruiting. The new training facility is a gamechager for new recruits and is much appreciated as an on-campus facility. Athletes are also taking some of their meals there together at some kind of training table. When I toured the U of Oregon indoor training facility I was impressed by their training table for their football players and other Ducks athletes. I imagine ours is similar. Fun afternoon and got to go to the car show at the convention center next door after the luncheon. Now my question is a small SUV like a RAV4 or Nissan Rouge, or a hybrid or all-electric. I’m in a condo so having to jump thru hoops for a recharging station on-site might be an issue.
I got a RAV4 about a year ago that I keep at my fathers place. I rarely drive it, but I bought a Toyota so I would not have to worry about it.

I am partial to the Honda CRV over those other cars. I own one right now and am thinking of getting a second one. Reliable, functional, and stylish car with great safety features. In general I think Honda makes the best cars out in the market.

our colors arent purple anymore.So its common that we wear color assortments. I think getting away from the Northwestern colors may be a good thing. And having the players decide (Many are from Ohio and Florida) is a great thing. We need to move past the university and its poor representation in football, and now identify commercially with UA tie-ins.

T R O L L

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT