ADVERTISEMENT

I cost us the game

Gladeskat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2004
The Duke Blue Devil snuck up to me as I was walking to the game and put his arm around my shoulder. I gave the cat claw sign and hissed at him, but it wasn't enough and I needed Willie to scratch and lick my soiled shoulder. Either that or I should have beat the crap out of the devil right there on the spot. I'm sorry I didn't react properly. It will not happen again.

The Duke Blue Devil snuck up to me as I was walking to the game and put his arm around my shoulder. I gave the cat claw sign and hissed at him, but it wasn't enough and I needed Willie to scratch and lick my soiled shoulder. Either that or I should have beat the crap out of the devil right there on the spot. I'm sorry I didn't react properly. It will not happen again.

I am more than willing to blame it on you

Sure it will

One of the best mascot put-downs I ever saw was at a West Virginia-Penn State game years ago. The West Virginia Mountaineer, a guy clad in buckskin and carrying a fake flintlock rifle, started challenging the Penn State Nittany Lion. What the Mountaineer apparently didn't know is that the Lion is often a gymnast or wrestler because he's usually asked to do pushups for every point the Lions score, and they were scoring quite a few in those days. The Lion that year was a wrestler, who put a headlock on the Mountaineer and threw him rather violently to the ground. The Mountaineer slunk off and contented himself by taking potshots with his fake gun for the rest of the day.

One of the best mascot put-downs I ever saw was at a West Virginia-Penn State game years ago. The West Virginia Mountaineer, a guy clad in buckskin and carrying a fake flintlock rifle, started challenging the Penn State Nittany Lion. What the Mountaineer apparently didn't know is that the Lion is often a gymnast or wrestler because he's usually asked to do pushups for every point the Lions score, and they were scoring quite a few in those days. The Lion that year was a wrestler, who put a headlock on the Mountaineer and threw him rather violently to the ground. The Mountaineer slunk off and contented himself by taking potshots with his fake gun for the rest of the day.

The Nittany Lion (I believe there are several at a time), is invariably an impressive athlete. I believe they are scholarshipped, but not on any varsity team.

You should have listened to me. I told you that the Devil is real.

When I went to a DePaul vs NU softball game, Dibs the Blue Demon picked its nose and covered me in space object snot.

That was one of the last contests of the 09-10 season.

I may have contributed. As y'all know, I live in a small town in Northern Poland. Around Thursday, I saw about a 10-year old kid wearing a Duke t-shirt. I thought "WTF?" but did not stop him and explain kindly that he had to take that shirt off and never wear it again. I was thinking at the time that I had crossed an invisible line from whence we could not return.

"I once saw Willie commandeered by opposing cheerleaders/mascots and they faux rammed his crotch into the goal post

Not cool"

Even less cool, Bucky Badger sucker-punched Willie back in the 60's. That Willie still hates the sight of the Badger.

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
What kind of dummazz working as a mascot gets into a physical altercation with the opposing team's mascot? That is asinine. The mascots are a major attraction for young fans, and displaying that type of behavior is really short-sighted. It does not surprise me that Penn State had some amped up monkey inside their lion suit. That institution has a history of idiotic behavior.

Reactions: LACatFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT