ADVERTISEMENT

I hope committee members are watching someone else because NU might not get in

Just kidding.

Maybe NU played their way into the preferred 10 seed.
Hope we don't fall to the play-in game. I think the 'Cats are a lock, but the committee might punish the 'Cats with the play-in game for finishing 1-4 in their last 5.

With the limitations we have, we need to be pretty dialed in to win games. We just missed too many at close range, it felt like our guys were not super concentrated.

Congrats to WI who I believe will flame out very early in the tournament.

Reactions: drewjin
It is clear we are not the same team since the injuries. We beat a mediocre Maryland team, a mediocre Minnesota team and a halfway decent Indiana team since Ty went down. We really haven't beaten a truly quality team since.

I hate losing, so it sucks, but it's hard to fault these guys. You're asking decent role players aside from Boo to become stars and they just aren't ready to do that consistently. Plus, they get no rest. Wisconsin was rotating all game.

It's a tough ask to expect NU to win against an NCAA tournament quality team, but we'll see what happens in Round 1.

I partially agree with you, but I don't see Barnhizer, Langborg, or Martinelli as role players. I see them as two strong starters and a talented sixth man.

edit: does anyone think next year's team leader will be someone not named Brooks?

It is clear we are not the same team since the injuries. We beat a mediocre Maryland team, a mediocre Minnesota team and a halfway decent Indiana team since Ty went down. We really haven't beaten a truly quality team since.

I hate losing, so it sucks, but it's hard to fault these guys. You're asking decent role players aside from Boo to become stars and they just aren't ready to do that consistently. Plus, they get no rest. Wisconsin was rotating all game.

It's a tough ask to expect NU to win against an NCAA tournament quality team, but we'll see what happens in Round 1.
Yes missing two starters hurts, obviously. But if we can shoot decently and play typical defense, we can still win games against good opponents. NU held Wiscy to 70 & the Badgers shot well. We shot poorly and just couldn’t overcome that.

Of course we're not the same team. Neither would any other team be if they lost 2 starters.

The fact that this team went 6-4 without Berry(I'm including the game he got hurt since it was early in the game) and all 4 losses during that time were close games, is pretty amazing. And basically the last 4 without Berry and Nicholson.

And calling guys like Barnhizer "decent role players" is just insane. The guy had a very poor shooting day but still had 14 boards and some assists. He's far from a role player. He would start on every team in this league.

Hope they win one next week but i'm also looking forward to continuing to see guys develop. I wouldn't be surprised if Mullins and Smith become really good players next year. All anyone has to do is look at how Boo developed and know there's hope that improvement in individuals year to year is in good hands with this staff.

Yes missing two starters hurts, obviously. But if we can shoot decently and play typical defense, we can still win games against good opponents. NU held Wiscy to 70 & the Badgers shot well. We shot poorly and just couldn’t overcome that.
This is not last year's team. When we go cold, we lose. Some was Wisconsin D, especially that yoga pants d1k on Boo, but when everyone not named Boo shoots 11-38, we will lose. Period

Reactions: Figrating
The most important thing today is that Boo's injury looks minor. He'll have at least five days of rest (no, NU is not playing in Dayton), and the team will have some time to prepare.

And while I'm sure they wished they were playing on Sunday, it will be great for the fans (and ultimately the team too), to have the Selection Sunday thing at Welsh-Ryan. We'll be in an 8/9 game.

The most important thing today is that Boo's injury looks minor. He'll have at least five days of rest (no, NU is not playing in Dayton), and the team will have some time to prepare.

And while I'm sure they wished they were playing on Sunday, it will be great for the fans (and ultimately the team too), to have the Selection Sunday thing at Welsh-Ryan. We'll be in an 8/9 game.
thank you for being a voice of reason, Smelly

Missing Nicholson hurt our inside D and allowed Crowl to roam free, We could also see that Langborg was hampered. And we all know what we miss in Berry

Just kidding.

Maybe NU played their way into the preferred 10 seed.
The bubble is getting tighter for a lot of teams.

Seton Hall, MSU, and Colorado are all sweating right now.

We’re not in the bubble. Hopefully we end up as a 10 seed, although an 8/9 feels likely.

Last edited:

If Boo is hurt at all… that would be bad. Very bad.

We might get run off the court next week in an embarrassing fashion.

If Boo is hurt at all… that would be bad. Very bad.

We might get run off the court next week in an embarrassing fashion.
THe good news is we have a few days before the game Makes losing in todyays game not so bad

Palm has NU in the play-in game (but as a 10th seed). So yeah, that guy.

I still say an 8/9 game. Also in the neighborhood of an 8/9 game are old foes Mississippi State, Boise State, and Dayton.

If NU shoots like they did against Minny, they beat UW.

Missed a lot of easy shots against UW, as Gato said. Too much pressure?

NU is in, but what do they have left? How about another Minny game or two?

Sure liked CCC's recent interview, which was all about the future as it is, without his two starters, but not dragging his azz about it and preparing the new starters to play together. Continuing to fight with a gunshot wound...

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Palm has NU in the play-in game (but as a 10th seed). So yeah, that guy.

I still say an 8/9 game. Also in the neighborhood of an 8/9 game are old foes Mississippi State, Boise State, and Dayton.
The reason for this is that two bubble teams, Colorado and New Mexico, could become automatic qualifiers today, which means they are not eligible for the play-in. Rooting interests today to help keep us out of the play-in are Colorado to beat Oregon (because Oregon isn't going in otherwise); San Diego State to beat New Mexico (so New Mexico is eligible for the play-in); North Carolina to beat North Carolina State (who isn't going dancing without beating UNC); and FAU to keep winning so there isn't a bid-stealer from their weak conference.

Also Princeton needs to win their tourney so there's no at-large consideration for Ivy League. They are getting their ass handed to them now by Brown. Lose that game I think they are done from at-large consideration.

Having Mississippi State and Texas A&M lose today so they aren't automatic qualifiers would also be a good thing, as they could end up in the play-in instead.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
If NU shoots like they did against Minny, they beat UW.

Missed a lot of easy shots against UW, as Gato said. Too much pressure?

NU is in, but what do they have left? How about another Minny game or two?

Sure liked CCC's recent interview, which was all about the future as it is, without his two starters, but not dragging his azz about it and preparing the new starters to play together. Continuing to fight with a gunshot wound...
The only thing that matters right now is how well Brooks, Langborg, and Martinelli shoot.

They were great against Minnesota. They were awful yesterday. Brooks in particular hasn’t strung together multiple hot-shooting games since January, but he’s got a great chance on Thursday or Friday.

NU tends to hold onto the ball most of the time. Make shots.

Boo is 33-55 (60%) from the field and 19-31 (61%) from 3 this month.

DUDE IS SO READY TO TAKE OVER THE SPORTS WORLD.

Yep, without that Minnesota win, we would be in a heap of trouble, Lots of upsets in the league tourneys hve produced some bid thieves.
With it we were top for in BIG and 4 games over 500 in league. Hard to keep that out. Probably in with 11 but with 12, should be no problem

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT