ADVERTISEMENT

i think we are getting better

I don't either. I just wish McCall would utilize our best asset, our backs.
We have the best athletes on offense at that position, get them involved in the passing game!!! Safe easy tosses for Thorson to make and then let them run in space. How does McCall not see that Turk? A good general uses what he has. I'm sorry McCall fails miserably there.

I don't either. I just wish McCall would utilize our best asset, our backs.
We have the best athletes on offense at that position, get them involved in the passing game!!! Safe easy tosses for Thorson to make and then let them run in space. How does McCall not see that Turk? A good general uses what he has. I'm sorry McCall fails miserably there.
i noticed that McCall Me Smarty did in fact call some seemingly high % throws utilizing the RBs. But with no deep threats, or at least begging us to throw deep and take additional risk, the high % throws really werent there. On one rb screen, thorson did the right thing and refused to throw it. On another one, it was almost a disaster as thorson threw the ball without setting his feet and the ball hit the chest of an incoming. thankflly the guy bbbled and dropped the pill.

Wisconsin baited us to utilize thorson but credit to mccall for recognizing that Thorson cant beat that deense (nothing against thorson cuz fewcan). In simplest terms, the short stuff wasnt open and the dc was not going to allow it. often on tv i counted 10 guys close to the los which i assume also that means that the dc really really wanted us to go deep. I personaly thought mccall was very intentional and brilliant. it was funny because i came to this page and i read blistering comments blasting mccall. folks, thorson was never goin to beat wisconsin....he could ONLY lose to them. but our defense and special teams could and did beat them.

My only complaint with McCall isthat we need 4 years out of Jackson but why not allow te very dependable Long carry some of the burden? long is a load and imo if we are going to continue a power washigton redskin hog offense then jackson is goin to need a bit more of the burden lifted. just sayin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT