ADVERTISEMENT

If Iowa isn't careful, this could turn into a blowout

Kinda feel sorry for Hawkeye fans. We can relate to their pain.

It's not only that they've lost five in a row; they were only really competitive in one of them. This year's loss puts them below .500 all-time in bowls.
Thank heavens we don't have a streak like this going anymore. It sucks to have this on the bottom line on ESPN. This year, under our score, ESPN had "first bowl win since 2012." I have seen this on other teams as well. It was nice to be able to know that people across the country were reading that and saying "So what?"

Thank heavens we don't have a streak like this going anymore. It sucks to have this on the bottom line on ESPN. This year, under our score, ESPN had "first bowl win since 2012." I have seen this on other teams as well. It was nice to be able to know that people across the country were reading that and saying "So what?"

You know, it is really stupid of ESPN to focus on the hardship side of the teams that are bringing in their dollars. They should be selling the idea that the teams that are on their network are great in every way.

I remember how I hated Walton as an announcer in BB back in the days when the Bulls and Micheal Jordon were playing in the championship games. Here it are the two very best teams facing each other and from his perspective everything they did was crap. Instead of focusing on the fact that the other guy had decent defense he would talk about the lousy offense, unless of course the offense was doing well, then it was a case of bad defense. For crying out loud, it was the championship game maybe somebody on the court was good.

You know, it is really stupid of ESPN to focus on the hardship side of the teams that are bringing in their dollars. They should be selling the idea that the teams that are on their network are great in every way.

I remember how I hated Walton as an announcer in BB back in the days when the Bulls and Micheal Jordon were playing in the championship games. Here it are the two very best teams facing each other and from his perspective everything they did was crap. Instead of focusing on the fact that the other guy had decent defense he would talk about the lousy offense, unless of course the offense was doing well, then it was a case of bad defense. For crying out loud, it was the championship game maybe somebody on the court was good.
Picture this bottom line under the NU score "NW (sic) has been top 5 APR for xx straight years."

Prior to the Pinstripe bowl, the factoid about NU was something along the lines of "2-10 record all-time in bowl games (worst among programs with at least ten bowl appearances)"

NU needs to win about four more to get rid of the factoids!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT