ADVERTISEMENT

(If their fans have their way) then should Penn St. leave the B10?

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
1eddc11e-1c62-4e75-b831-a7ac3e919bd7_zpsc22350bd.jpg

This post was edited on 2/22 5:35 PM by 12375CAT

Well, not too long ago (and even some still now), people were calling for them to be thrown out. I presume you are talking about PSU fans that may be like "we have been mistreated by the B1G let's get out"

I guess I have nothing to say but "go, don't let the door hit you in the a$$"

GECat2 do you work for GE? Just started here 6 months ago so I was curious.

I would be happy to see them go. Then we'd have a spot for ND.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I dislike ND as much as anyone, but I would like to see them in the B1G. I recall when we played them on a regular basis.

I suspect many AAU institutions would love to take PSU's spot in the B1G. We have done quite nicely over the years with schools who have pride in B1G membership. The Rutgers add was a good one imo -- the school and fans really love being in the B1G -- not so much Maryland. They can drift off with PSU as far as I'm concerned.

and, Go Cats !!

Hello NYCat33. To answer your question the GE stands for the town I live in (Glen Ellyn). Good luck with your new job at GE!

No Turk. There is 0 chance that any B1G team would ever contemplate a move to the SEC. First of all, football wise, the B1G is the national champ and we beat the champions of the Big 12, SEC, and Pac12, so the whole SEC superiority myth is debunked.

Second, you ignore all the other (and more critical) reasons that Mizzou would have picked the B1G over SEC in a heartbeat (and would still flip if we gave them the chance). Money, academic prestige (and more money via the CIC), and money.

I would like to see the PSU fans in general, and BWI posters specifically, reaction after they did leave the Big 10 for another conference.

Do they really think all will be peaches and cream as the arrogant new Yankee representative in the SEC? The Big 12 where there is no hidden agenda favoring another program. Instead it's open and understood that everyone defers to Texas. The ACC where they will feel like a long distance cousin even compared to the conference's step child, Notre Dame?

The only place they could go where they would feel they were trusted appropriately is the MAC or some other non Power 5 conference.

Or maybe they should form their own conference of one, where they could win the conference championship "most" of the time.

PSU has no intention of leaving the BIG... No school does - only Maryland is not thrilled.

Originally posted by EvanstonCat:
No Turk. There is 0 chance that any B1G team would ever contemplate a move to the SEC. First of all, football wise, the B1G is the national champ and we beat the champions of the Big 12, SEC, and Pac12, so the whole SEC superiority myth is debunked.

Second, you ignore all the other (and more critical) reasons that Mizzou would have picked the B1G over SEC in a heartbeat (and would still flip if we gave them the chance). Money, academic prestige (and more money via the CIC), and money.
WE did, did we?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by ToledoCat:
PSU has no intention of leaving the BIG... No school does - only Maryland is not thrilled.
Of course they wouldn't, which is why the rants from their fans are so ridiculous.

Nobody from PSU is interested in joining the B12. That is moronic. Where do you come up with this trash? There are a handful of moron PSU fans that want to join the ACC. The other 99.9% are fine with the B10 and PSU is not going anywhere.

I heard that NU fans want to join the Ivy or the Patriot.

Sputnick -- Northwestern to the Ivy is fine with me. Better yet, putting together an Ivy on steroids via the addition of Northwestern, Stanford, Duke, Vandy etc works imo.

and, Go Cats !!

Originally posted by NU 71 72 74:

Sputnick -- Northwestern to the Ivy is fine with me. Better yet, putting together an Ivy on steroids via the addition of Northwestern, Stanford, Duke, Vandy etc works imo.

and, Go Cats !!
Go ahead but you will be on your own. Stanford, Duke and VAndy won't be joining you. Have fun recruiting without scholarships. Penn, Harvard and Yale probably had more national championships than most B10, ACC and SEC schools before the Ivy was formed. Once the Ivy was formed and they stopped offering athletic scholarships it was all downhill.

Why the hell do you care sputnick. There shouldn't even be a football program at 'Un-Happy Valley"

If not, then yours got beaten up pretty badly by a bunch of ghosts last fall.

1) PSU is not going anywhere even if most of us wish they would.
2) there will be a lot of pressure if Mr. Wonderful at the helm if he has a few more mediocre seasons. You can be a " great recruiter" and still have an average team. If this team of stud recruits doesn't translate into strong teams, then good ole James luster on his star will be dimmed. Can you say Ron Zook? Stay tuned.

Originally posted by Purple Pile Driver:
1) PSU is not going anywhere even if most of us wish they would.
2) there will be a lot of pressure if Mr. Wonderful at the helm if he has a few more mediocre seasons. You can be a " great recruiter" and still have an average team. If this team of stud recruits doesn't translate into strong teams, then good ole James luster on his star will be dimmed. Can you say Ron Zook? Stay tuned.
If Mr Wonderful does not produce then we will flip another coach. We might even flip your coach.

Mr Wonderful had a winning season and beat BC in bowl game with one hand tied behind his back.

It will come as a surprise to you but PSU won't be at full strength for about 3 years. Once the sanctions were removed it will still take PSU 4 years before they had a full roster of experienced players. So far Franklin has signed 50 players in the last two classes. The 25 players in 2015 class have yet to set foot on campus and 17 players in the 2014 class were redshirted. Penn States juniors and seniors are mostly walk-ons, 2 star and 3 stars that were replacing 4 star decommits. PSU is going to go two or three years without a scholarship punter and they won't have a scholarship kicker next year either. Last year PSU had a total of 5 scholarship OL in spring. That said, PSU is still winning games.

Northwestern probably would not even have fielded a team during the sanctions.

PSU during sanctions > Northwestern

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT