ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Wisconsin

Here is another of those situations where the refs are holding up the play to allow defense substitution and it costs us a timeout. Feels like this is happening more this year?

Adn why are we RUTM with Himon??? There's an entire quarter of football left, we need to drive the ball.

Reactions: drewjin
Big second 1st down. Allows us to flip the field and milk some more clock.

Reactions: cattul
Here is another of those situations where the refs are holding up the play to allow defense substitution and it costs us a timeout. Feels like this is happening more this year?
Yeah, that seems unfair. I understand the rule, but it seems like there could be an abuse of the rule if not policed correctly.

• Angry
Would really like to see one more score here early in the 4th to put this one out of reach.

• Love
C'mon defense! Bryant's been getting all the accolades but the D is paving the way home

Nice forced fumble recovery. Let’s have a long drive for points and close this game out.

Rather surprised how flat Wisconsin looks in this game. No energy among the players or the fans. Never heard Camp Randall so quiet.The Cats are playing a strong game. Just need to wrap it up.

D comes through again!!!

That was 100% Rod Heard with the punch on the replay 💪🏼

Ok, I’d like to see at least a FG drive to make it 4 scores or take 4-5 minutes off the clock even if we don’t score.

Reactions: drewjin and cattul
I'm not a defensive coordinator but I think Up the middle is done for now.

WHY are we not trying screen passes or something than can keep the clock moving aside from RUTM
Only playing the clock now. Hold onto the ball. I’d like to see one of those go for 80 yards, but I’m also happy if they go for 35 seconds.

How about we try to THROW it in first down and if it’s incomplete, OK then RUTM second and third down to run clock. Otherwise it will be 0 yard RUTM first down, 3 yard RUTM second down, incomplete pass on 3rd down.

Not only that but a 3rd down pass will more likely be forced where bad things could happen.

Fickell is wearing T.E.A.M. on the back of his jersey, and I can only hope it’s that elementary school staple, Together Everyone Achieves More.

But it’s gotta be better than that, right?

• Haha
Bajakian should be criticized for this second half just as he should be congratulated for the first half. Overly conservative, could have blown the game if our D wasn’t playing so amazing.

Reactions: stpaulcat
Phew.

(You guys jumped on me for saying the Cats had iced the game in the first half, and had me worried that I would be blamed if the Badgers came back.)

Great game.

Remove the interim tag. Braun is a head football coach. I’m not worried about recruiting. Guys will want to play for him.

What an amazing game; just dominant throughout (especially the defense). OL played well, and great to see Bryant and the offense come alive.

Did not expect us to dominate Wisconsin like that in Madison.

5-5 with 2 shots at a bowl game in Purdue and Illinois.

Keep Braun next year no matter what imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT