ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Northwestern vs. Wisconsin

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
Northwestern (4-5, 2-4 Big Ten) is on the road at Wisconsin (5-4, 3-3 Big Ten) today. The clock at Camp Randall projects a 2:35 kick and the game will air on Fox Sports 1.

The Badgers are reeling coming into this one 1-3 in their last four. All eyes will be on the Wildcats as quarterback Ben Bryant was designated a game time decision and could make his first start since Penn State on Sept. 30

Last edited:
Well, I think that there was an uncalled false start on the first Badger third down conversion, but things ended well enough. It is always good to keep the opponent out of the endzone on the first drive. A very positive sign.

The passing game is a consistent threat today if BB gets time. He looks really composed back there.

That’s about as pretty of a drive by an NU quarterback since…Thorson…Kafka?

NU was 4-for-4 on third down, including 3-for-3 for 52 for Bryant.

Reactions: zbag51
The passing game is a consistent threat today if BB gets time. He looks really composed back there.
I feel like he is one of those guys that knows the routes so well, he knows where the guys are without looking and can look off of them til the last second.

Reactions: drewjin
Bryant's ability to deliver short to medium distance routes to the sidelines was impressive there. He can drive the hell out of the ball

That drive was a great response on offense! Followed by a 3 and out!

What has gotten into the O-line? Love it.

Cam is running as well as those first few games as a freshman. Wow.

We should probably try to stop making gadget Lausch happen. Maybe he’ll prove me wrong at some point.

GO CATS GO CATS GO

Reactions: drewjin
Bryant is feeling it now. I was worried he might be a little rusty but I think scoring that rushing TD was pretty exhilarating.

Reactions: drewjin and zbag51
LET’s GO CATS!

Seriously, why did we not try something like that against Iowa???

If the Cats score on this drive, I think it will be the game. With the NU defense playing so well, the Cats will have done to Wisconsin what Rutgers did to them…ice the game early.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT