ADVERTISEMENT

Illini and USF

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
Going for the NCAA record for penalties thus far. On ESPN if anyone's interested.

Didn't break the penalty record though! #disappointed
Between both teams, they were at 26 at the end of the second quarter. My guess is that the refs got together at halftime and decided to not call the second half as tight.

Reactions: rmndcat
Between both teams, they were at 26 at the end of the second quarter. My guess is that the refs got together at halftime and decided to not call the second half as tight.

It was unwatchable. I actually think the Fighting Lovie's are doing the right thing by playing their freshman. Of course, they don't have much of a choice, but what they have to sell on the recruiting front is playing time.

Reactions: rmndcat
More importantly, they lost badly. Schadenfreude
Now I need another Orange team that I despise to lose badly. Tonight

BTN analysts said that the Illini defense had turned the corner under Lovie Smith. They get paid for those deep thoughts. Ooops!

BTN analysts said that the Illini defense had turned the corner under Lovie Smith. They get paid for those deep thoughts. Ooops!
The Illinois tacklers were invisible during the 1st half. Didn't watch the 2nd half because the game, also marred by penalty after penalty was unwatchable. Wondering how many targeting calls that South Florida can get before he gets a real suspension or the coach sits his ass.

The Illinois tacklers were invisible during the 1st half. Didn't watch the 2nd half because the game, also marred by penalty after penalty was unwatchable. Wondering how many targeting calls that South Florida can get before he gets a real suspension or the coach sits his ass.
That was an absolute joke of a targeting call , though. Crouch was barely touched, but fell down like he'd been shot.

That was an absolute joke of a targeting call , though. Crouch was barely touched, but fell down like he'd been shot.
Doesn't make any difference because the Illini QB was hit in the neck/throat area by the crown of offenders helmet. Besides it was a late/un-necessary hit.

Doesn't make any difference because the Illini QB was hit in the neck/throat area by the crown of offenders helmet. Besides it was a late/un-necessary hit.
You saw something completely different than I, or, the announcers, saw. If it was our player, would you have thought it was targeting? There was far more contact with our targeting hit vs. Duke (which I also believe was a bad call)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT