ADVERTISEMENT

Is it it possible...

ChappyCat

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2015
Michigan
Is anyone willing to submit to the idea that Duke might actually be a pretty good team this year? True, NU had a lot of things that need shoring up, but could the theory of football relativity come into play here? Very good QB, Rahming is a GOOD receiver, solid coaching staff, defensive scheme was sound- let's see this play out and we still have a lot of games left. But I would not be surprised, given the offensive performance from Duke in the first two games,if they will be one of the better offenses in the ACC and their defense looked to me a lot better than the just how low the NU productivity was.

Let's at least give this idea some thought.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I asked the same question about Nevada, considering we didn't look great for much of that game. We're now asking that question for the second game, after a much worse performance....

Is anyone willing to submit to the idea that Duke might actually be a pretty good team this year? True, NU had a lot of things that need shoring up, but could the theory of football relativity come into play here? Very good QB, Rahming is a GOOD receiver, solid coaching staff, defensive scheme was sound- let's see this play out and we still have a lot of games left. But I would not be surprised, given the offensive performance from Duke in the first two games,if they will be one of the better offenses in the ACC and their defense looked to me a lot better than the just how low the NU productivity was.

No.

If we are supposed to win Big Ten titles we are not supposed to get beat by mediocre also-rans from crappy 2-team conferences like the ACC.

They may well be pretty good, but they're not Alabama. At this point in the development of NU's football program, it is inexcusable to be so thoroughly dominated by a team that isn't in that elite best of the best tier. It was a pathetic showing, no two ways about it.

Last edited:
I asked the same question about Nevada, considering we didn't look great for much of that game. We're now asking that question for the second game, after a much worse performance....
With a two game snapshot, it looks like Nevada is not good at all. Duke is an unknown since, sadly, we do not know if they have really played anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT