ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time NU starts getting some respect?

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
Purdue was a big win. BTN treats us like the also-ran, who just happens to be 4-0 in the B1G west, having beaten teams that somehow after playing us prove to be good also. I guess until we beat Indiana or OSU that won't happen. And maybe not even then.

Purdue was a big win. BTN treats us like the also-ran, who just happens to be 4-0 in the B1G west, having beaten teams that somehow after playing us prove to be good also. I guess until we beat Indiana or OSU that won't happen. And maybe not even then.

I think we will get some respect after we beat Wisconsin this week. Rightly or wrongly, IU played and beat two ranked teams (though they retrospectively did not deserve those rankings). We have played zero unranked teams. After we play and beat a ranked Wisonsin team this week, we'll start turning some heads.

Maybe we should chip in for some Rodney Dangerfield cutouts to place in the stands?
No respect? Just the way we like it.

68fbcda31fe087182c84d7f3982b32f3.gif

On the other hand NU has been competitive to good for 25 yrs and very good the past 5 seasons excepting last. Indy has been much worse so it’s more of a story.

Reactions: lunker35
I think we will get some respect after we beat Wisconsin this week. Rightly or wrongly, IU played and beat two ranked teams (though they retrospectively did not deserve those rankings). We have played zero unranked teams. After we play and beat a ranked Wisonsin team this week, we'll start turning some heads.
Take away the losses to NU, Wisc and Indy, and NU's opponents are 7-1. Wisky's opponents are 2-4, and Indy 3-9. I'd say NU has played a MUCH more difficult schedule than the other contenders to date.

On BTN, it was already said that the two big games next weekend were Ohio State - Indiana and Northwestern-Wisconsin. The credit will come after that win.

IF we beat Wisconsin, big IF as they look tough, I figure there is a 50/50 chance they will still be ranked ahead of us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT